QM2 luggage allowance (no flying involved)

SMAJ

11 minutes ago, ClipperinSFO said:

So there is no longer a "Not Wanted on Voyage" tag that will put baggage into the hold for the duration of the voyage?  Am I dating myself?

Both those statements are correct😀(Unfortunately)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ClipperinSFO said:

So there is no longer a "Not Wanted on Voyage" tag that will put baggage into the hold for the duration of the voyage?  Am I dating myself?

We just asked our stateroom attendant, and she took theee cases to a storage area.

Think a gratuity assisted.  They were returned the afternoon of the day prior to docking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The amount of luggage storage in your room will pretty much indicate how many bags you should bring. If you will indicate the accommodation level you are traveling in, others who have traveled in that level can give you an idea of how much space is available. 

We usually have two large (50 lbs) suit cases and four roll aboards and they fit nicely into the storage in all of the Queens Grill accommodation. I have not traveled in other levels, so I cannot speak for the baggage storage in Princess or Britannia. Hopefully others can.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks everyone for the answers, that’s really helped. We are in a Britannia room, relocating back to the UK, so we want to utilise our luggage allowance to capacity.

1 hour ago, SMAJ said:

Many thanks everyone for the answers, that’s really helped. We are in a Britannia room, relocating back to the UK, so we want to utilise our luggage allowance to capacity.

You may want to consider a commercial shipper to ship some of your goods, rather than trying to get all of your things in your Britannia Room. Fedex, DHL and UPS all offer this service for a modest cost. 

• Thanks 1

In addition to the under-bed storage, cases could be stored in the bottom on either of the closets in a standard Britannia room. 

Your steward taking extra cases isn't an official benefit (sometimes I worry that they'd be sleeping atop them 😉 ) so it might not be something you want to rely on.

• Thanks 1

Yep... I would say, if you are happy to have "stuff" in your cabin, you could easily get 6-8 cases, comfortably in your cabin if you utilise the space under the bed, in the bottom of the wardrobes etc. if you don't mind sacrificing the long hanging space in the large wardrobe and only hang shirts/blouses/short items in there, you could easily get 3 or 4 in there, 3 or 4 under the bed, maybe one or two against a wall or something... Yes, it might mean stepping around something every now and then, but if you are happy to do that then should be fine 🙂

• Thanks 1

We always travel with about five, and have been known to take seven on a longer voyage. Providing they nest, it is possible to fit them all under the beds. Even with the drawers under some beds, we can always squeeze four cases under, and nest any more inside.

• Thanks 1