No More M-Calss Incentive to Book Specialty Dining

Loracpin2

22 hours ago, gschwartz001 said:

Has anyone heard an update on whether Qsine will be converted to LPC on Summit. When I check my cruise planner for later this year the only dining option available to book is Tuscan and  either Qsine or LPC is listed. 

Qsine only had Le Petite Chef on my cruise on Silhouette in December and on Eclipse in Alaska. I enjoyed LPC. It seems to have two menu's. We were told they were all converting, sorry I don't have a specific update for Summit.

Edited by hulamoon

On 7/31/2019 at 4:19 PM, ghstudio said:

We were celebrity loyalists.  Now we have cruises booked on HAL, oceania and 2 on princess. Each Celebrity cruise, we find something else that's no longer there.  Celebrity will continue to offer less until enough folks vote with their money....  

To be honest I only follow this board to keep up with the changes. I have been out priced on Celebrity unless I book a fire sale after final payment. By that time it's too late to cancel the cruise that I'm book on. There is no reason to even book a balcony anymore with the torture chamber furniture. At least for the time being Royal Caribbean still has comfortable furniture with footstools and since I don't like the new Oasis class ships I can find an affordable sailing on the older ships which I prefer. I was looking at sailings t Bermuda on Summit but not at those ridiculous prices for a refundable deposit booking.

The change to Tuscan on M class ships was a deal-breaker for us.  

No way does Tuscan approximate the experience or make the expense worth it.   Italian steak houses are a dime a dozen in today's restaurant world.  The Murano-like restaurants were one of the few remaining aspects that set Celebrity apart from their competitors.  They were settings for very special occasions, or just a change from the MDRs, Blu, or Luminae.

We haven't stepped foot on an M class since the change.

We were given a complimentary visit to Tuscan a few weeks ago on the Summit.  We had been to it on different ships 3 or 4 times previously and were always disappointed, but this time we actually enjoyed the food (well except for the mediocre ribeye steak they served me).

I too am sad to see Murano being removed from many ships.  The one specialty we found to be worthwhile.