Apex is early... new 4n taster cruise added

little britain

9 hours ago, little britain said:

April 1st 4n from Southampton 

free drinks, free tips, free car parking 

prices start £799pp

and I forgot to mention $200 obc too.... 

When you add up the value of 4n free drinks (to the Brits!!) and £70 for the car parking and £43.94pp  for the tips it really (almost) seems good value.  At least that is how I will explain it to DH....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ehg said:

We've just booked this along with the following cruise as a B2B! Woo hoo! 

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.  😊

We will see you on the 4/5 cruise! There is a roll call started, if you are interested. Hopefully, it will get more active soon!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We will see you on the 4/5 cruise! There is a roll call started, if you are interested. Hopefully, it will get more active soon!

I've just had a look. Everyone is talking about a naming ceremony - I assume this will now happen prior to the 4 day cruise...? Or sooner if they add another one if she is even more ahead of schedule?

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

and I forgot to mention $200 obc too.... 

When you add up the value of 4n free drinks (to the Brits!!) and £70 for the car parking and £43.94pp  for the tips it really (almost) seems good value.  At least that is how I will explain it to DH....

Exactly - I got a spreadsheet out and it''s just over £350 pp so not that terrible (if you book oceanview and above). Oh and remember to book your car parking by 1st September this year - found that out by accident on the website. Visit www.abparking.co.uk and quote “APEXParking" - you need your booking no and cabin no.

10 minutes ago, Ehg said:

I've just had a look. Everyone is talking about a naming ceremony - I assume this will now happen prior to the 4 day cruise...? Or sooner if they add another one if she is even more ahead of schedule?

The way it worked on the Edge: they had a Press and Trade Cruise on Dec 4-6 (I was onboard Nov 25-29 and Dec 1-4). On the 4th the people on that cruise had a naming ceremony in the theater - it had a lot of VIPs, press and trade people. I did read that it would be on the 1st a few months ago, but we will have to see if that changes. They may just do the naming ceremony on the 1st before people board or maybe will change the date, since it is a commercial cruise.  The space for the ceremony will be tight since the theater holds less than 1000.  It would be cool if you could be there. We don't even know the godmother yet.

Edited by vtcruising

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The way it worked on the Edge: they had a Press and Trade Cruise on Dec 4-6 (I was onboard Nov 25-29 and Dec 1-4). On the 4th the people on that cruise had a naming ceremony in the theater - it had a lot of VIPs, press and trade people. I did read that it would be on the 1st a few months ago, but we will have to see if that changes. They may just do the naming ceremony on the 1st before people board or maybe will change the date, since it is a commercial cruise.  The space for the ceremony will be tight since the theater holds less than 1000.  It would be cool if you could be there. We don't even know the godmother yet.

VT, I am so happy that you are at the helm once again...I want to make the TA back to the states on October 22, 2020!  My suite price was good and it included all four perks; however, life keeps getting in the way. So, you might want my cabin, as it is not aft, nor does it have a pole for dancing...Thanks for all the updates etc...

Edited by Lastdance

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

VT, I am so happy that you are at the helm once again...I want to make the TA back to the states on October 22, 2020!  My suite price was good and it included all four perks; however, life keeps getting in the way. So, you might want my cabin, as it is not aft, nor does it have a pole for dancing...Thanks for all the updates etc...

I do hope you can do the TA! If not, then Nov 14th? 😁

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

They may just do the naming ceremony on the 1st before people board or maybe will change the date, since it is a commercial cruise.

I have read 5 th April, but cannot find the link, although I think it might have been Celebrity themselves on Social Media. They then went on to announce the Preview sailing.

14 hours ago, Ehg said:

Ooooh, what date is the Princess cruise - we are looking for a short one to do with friends but the X one is rather expensive - I know it's got the perks but still.....

7th October 2020, visiting Zebrugge and St Peter Port, Guernsey.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Would love to have booked this but we don't get back from another cruise until later that week.

Celebrity very rarely have taster cruises from Southampton 

We picked up a repositioning, Amsterdam to Southampton on Constellation in 2012. Connie had been taken away from tension in Israel & Egypt, so did a mix that summer of cruises from Amsterdam and then wine cruises from Southampton.

Celebrity will sell as much as they can at those pretty steep prices and then give away the rest to TAs and the like.

Can you imagine what it is like as a fare paying guest to be surrounded by TAs on a freebie?

We were in that position once.  The TAs were given priority on everything.  

Apart from the fact that the ship will probably be still full of tradesmen finsihing off bits and pieces ie lots of places will be roped off or not yet working.

Fill your boots....

50 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

We picked up a repositioning, Amsterdam to Southampton on Constellation in 2012. Connie had been taken away from tension in Israel & Egypt, so did a mix that summer of cruises from Amsterdam and then wine cruises from Southampton.

We did that one too! Wonderful weather I recall!   And Perry Grant was in Michaels Club....

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I have read 5 th April, but cannot find the link, although I think it might have been Celebrity themselves on Social Media. They then went on to announce the Preview sailing.

Thanks! If it is on the 5th, there may be hope for those of us on that cruise (but I know there are space limitations). 🙂

Edited by vtcruising