Majesty of The Seas - Deck Pros/Cons for Cabin Selection

Let me start this by saying that I am not posting for people to tell me that I should NOT book a cruise on this old ship.  We have about 30 family members that want to save on airfare and just drive to the Port of New Orleans to get on a ship.  We are all tired of the Western Caribbean ports (sorry, Cozumel lovers), and RCCL happens to have a Key West/Nassau/CocoCay itinerary available on a date that works for all of us.  So . . . Majesty of the Seas is it. 

To my knowledge, no one in our group has ever sailed on this ship before.  We have looked at the deck layouts, and, for the most part, will be booking the cheaper inside cabins.  It really looks like most decks should be fine, but we are leaning toward decks 4 and 6.  Anything we need to keep in mind with those two decks?

Sign me "newbie to RCCL,"

Those deks should be fine.  I'd stay away from deck 7 oceanviews due to lack of privacy.  Deck 9 oceanviews have a bit more space than the OVs on lower decks.

If you have any tender ports, then I'd stay away from outside forward staterooms on the lowest decks because the anchor chain makes a load of noise.

• Thanks 1

Agree with this advice. 👆🏻    Good itinerary especially fun with a large group!

I will add that twice we’ve booked insides on Majesty and been able to upgrade to ocean view when prices dropped. 

The OV on deck 9 (although some have obstructed view) are larger and you at least have the window.  Keep checking pricing on these.   Plus there’s a chart of which have the least obstruction. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Those deks should be fine.  I'd stay away from deck 7 oceanviews due to lack of privacy.  Deck 9 oceanviews have a bit more space than the OVs on lower decks.

If you have any tender ports, then I'd stay away from outside forward staterooms on the lowest decks because the anchor chain makes a load of noise.

Wow, yeah forgot about that. Haven't Tendered in yrs but remember when all Eastern Carib Ports but San Juan were. Labadee, CoCo Cay, St Martin, and St Thomas. Back then only Tenders they used were mounted on Royal Ships. But loud way to wake up in AM. Even quite way back from front of ship...

Edited by ONECRUISER

We were on Deck 6 (the “half” deck) in June and found it very convenient.  We were just three cabins from the elevator in an OV and found it quite easy to get to the cabin from anywhere on the ship.  There are approximately six stairs to get to Deck 6 from Deck 5, so it would not be as easily accessible for those with mobility issues or baby strollers.

• Thanks 1

We have sailed on MJ many times and although the decks you are considering would be fine....you will get a little bit more cabin space if you take a Superior Ocean View cabin on deck 9 (and every little bit is nice).....that is our preference, at least.  The half decks with the short staircase is not a problem, unless mobility issues are of concern with a few extra steps to take.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 9:03 AM, LookingForward2 said:

Agree with this advice. 👆🏻    Good itinerary especially fun with a large group!

I will add that twice we’ve booked insides on Majesty and been able to upgrade to ocean view when prices dropped. 

The OV on deck 9 (although some have obstructed view) are larger and you at least have the window.  Keep checking pricing on these.   Plus there’s a chart of which have the least obstruction. 

Do you know where I can find the chart of cabins with least obstructed views on Deck 9?  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 3:57 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

We were on Deck 6 (the “half” deck) in June and found it very convenient.  We were just three cabins from the elevator in an OV and found it quite easy to get to the cabin from anywhere on the ship.  There are approximately six stairs to get to Deck 6 from Deck 5, so it would not be as easily accessible for those with mobility issues or baby strollers.

On this deck, there are a bunch of cabins that are behind the shops, so they are quiet. On top of that, the hall is a dead end, so very little traffic. 

Love that area.