Cabin Guarantee

MsSoCalCruiser

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Partybarbie,

I never booked a guarantee cabin. It would make me crazy not knowing what cabin I have until the last day. 😳

that all said I just wanted to say have a great time on the cruise.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

LOL, it's a bit of a gamble.  I wasn't too worried about the 5-Day Cabo cruise.  I figured I could put up with anything for five days.  

I was more concerned about playing "room roulette" on the 15-day Panama cruise that I added on my to Trans-Atlantic cruise.  I already knew that I couldn't get the same cabin, so I was just hoping for something close.  Princess assigned me one deck down, but luckily a cabin opened up near the TA one.  It was easy enough to get it changed.  

Normally, I like to pick my cabin too, but I booked these kind of last minute.  At least I got my assignments relatively early. 🙂

16 minutes ago, MGAfhc said:

Two years ago we booked an Inside guarantee for two people on the Royal and were assigned a Quad. I had to lose the deposit to get out of it. I will not do guarantees now.

What is a Quad?  (I'm learning a lot of new vocabulary on CC threads!)  :classic_smile:

11 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

What is a Quad?  (I'm learning a lot of new vocabulary on CC threads!)  :classic_smile:

It's a four person cabin. 

(I don't know why that would make someone cancel a cruise and lose their deposit.  It can be a pain if the extra beds are wall-mounted, but I've dealt with it before.  It's not a deal-breaker for me.)   

• Thanks 1

Quads are particularly bad on Royal class ships. It worked out,  prices had come down and we were able to get an Obs. Balcony for less than the original cost of the Guarantee Inside and then we were upgraded to a Premium Obs Balcony. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, partybarbie said:

It can be a pain if the extra beds are wall-mounted, but I've dealt with it before

Yeah, and once was enough if we have a choice.  We made a "last minute" type booking for a great deal once to tack on a 5-night "pre-cruise" to our previously booked 7-nighter on REGAL a long time back.  It was a GTY and we got assigned an IA quad.  It was not terrible once we figured out to jamb extra blankets strategically in each one to stop rattling noises. 

Kind of funny because it would have been better to have requested Singles for bed setup, but we were still doing Queen and did not ask Stewart to change.  Now, we like doing Singles in Inside cabins as there is a more spacious feel having the single large open space between the beds.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, partybarbie said:

(I don't know why that would make someone cancel a cruise and lose their deposit.  It can be a pain if the extra beds are wall-mounted, but I've dealt with it before.  It's not a deal-breaker for me.)   

Yes, it is a pain, each time you bump into one of the wall mounted beds. Any by each time, I mean often.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes, it is a pain, each time you bump into one of the wall mounted beds. Any by each time, I mean often.

Yes, my husband and I shared one of those cabins, on the Emerald, for three weeks.  It's not as bad with the twin bed set up.  I'm just going to let my mom be "surprised" when she cruises with me in November. 😉  

• Like 1