Booking 2 Staterooms with the Same Name

Hi Everyone!

I know this question has been asked before, but it looks like there have been mixed answers, and I'm not sure if the policy or rules have changed at all. 

I'm wondering if it's possible to book someone in my room (a star class suite) so they get the suite benefits, but ALSO book them in another room so they can sleep there instead. 

Is there any way to accomplish that? Thanks!

I have heard that some groups/families (where there are something like 6 in a Star Class suite and 2 in a nearby standard room) have had luck when speaking with the Suite Concierge (or their Genie) to get those other 2 group members Gold/Blue/Pink/Whatever Cards etc so they may all stay together and receive similar privileges. Best to probably mention this in your pre-cruise emails with the Genie/Concierge. YMMV.

7 hours ago, SamTimeDining said:

I have heard that some groups/families (where there are something like 6 in a Star Class suite and 2 in a nearby standard room) have had luck when speaking with the Suite Concierge (or their Genie) to get those other 2 group members Gold/Blue/Pink/Whatever Cards etc so they may all stay together and receive similar privileges. Best to probably mention this in your pre-cruise emails with the Genie/Concierge. YMMV.

No. Just don't. People who pay for suites pay a HUGE premium over those that don't. It simply isn't fair to ask to include others in your party that did NOT pay that premium. It puts the Concierge in an awkward position, and it causes the suite areas to be more crowded than they should be. Not fair the the paying suite guests.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mariefisher said:

I don’t think there is any harm in asking! 

I do.

In an industry where the crew are super worried about offending or ticking off a passenger, it puts them in a very awkward position. In addition, if I had paid to have suite privileges, then I would be unhappy if freeloaders were getting the same extras that I paid a lot for. Why bother booking and paying for extras if all you need do it tailgate off your friends and family? 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cello56 said:

I do.

In an industry where the crew are super worried about offending or ticking off a passenger, it puts them in a very awkward position. In addition, if I had paid to have suite privileges, then I would be unhappy if freeloaders were getting the same extras that I paid a lot for. Why bother booking and paying for extras if all you need do it tailgate off your friends and family? 

I agree. The perks are for those who pay $10,000, not $1000

4 hours ago, mariefisher said:

Please reread the question. She was willing to pay and add them to her room. But also wanted to get them an additional room to sleep in. She was not looking for anything for free. Seems like a logical question. 

Even if OP was willing to pay twice for the same passenger that person couldn't get on the ship twice.  And they couldn't get points for both cabins.  If 2nd cabin was booked solo and nobody checked in they would not be able to get a key onboard. 

If 2nd cabin was booked another person plus TBD and the TBD (a third "person") didn't show, then the passenger could check in for the suite and then get a key onboard for the other cabin.  Problem is it would require paying for extra person in suite and the no-show in the second cabin.  In that case the passenger would get suite privileges and double points because they are booked in the suite.  And they would not be charged gratuities for the 2nd cabin they are sleeping in, just the suite.

So it might be possible to do what the OP wants if the second cabin has an additional person that will never get the suite privileges.