What is Cosmopolitan Dining?

We are cruising on Spectrum of the Seas in Oct. When I look at my booking in the Royal app, it says "Cosmopolitan Dining" 07:00 PM. We had requested and got confirmation for second seating.

Just wondering what Cosmopolitan Dining means, perhaps the name of the Dining room we are assigned to? 

Any ideas?

"Guests boarding Quantum of the seas can opt for Cosmopolitan Dining - the perfect option for guests who prefer a traditional style of dining. With it, you’ll enjoy the convenience of the same dining time each night, with the same waiting staff and companions at your table throughout your holiday."

In other words, it seems to be traditional, fixed dining with a 'fancy' name.  😄 

I assume that it will be the same on Spectrum. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SamTimeDining said:

I'm aware, so their fixed dining times are 4:30 and 7 or 7 and 9:30?

The RCI app shows 5 and 7 for Spectrum (and 5-6 and 7-8 on Quantum). The overall hours of the MDR in the app are 5-8. As with many other things, ships out of China do things differently.

Edited by Biker19

• 4 months later...

This is the reply I received from Royal Caribbean:

Please be advised that Spectrum Of The Seas is set up with Cosmopolitan Dining. 

Cosmopolitan dining takes place on deck 3 and deck 4 and there is an open seating policy  it is on a first come, first serve basis.

Please talk to the Host once onboard to arrange your table.

1 minute ago, sho said:

Cosmopolitan dining takes place on deck 3 and deck 4 and there is an open seating policy  it is on a first come, first serve basis.

Not sure that excludes fixed times nor does it say anything else about what Cosmopolitan really means, other than MTD with a different name (and perhaps menu).

On our cruise, Nov. 27, no reservations were possible. It was first come, first served and always with a considerable wait.

There was only an extra (and of course faster) line for Gold Suite guests and guests who bought Royal Advantage. 

Cosmopolitan Dining on the Quantum and Spectrum is kind of like traditional dining where they have two time windows, but you can show to either and there are no fixed tables or reservations. There will be a time and deck number on your SeaPass but they don't really check. Also the difference with Cosmopolitan DIning is that it is usually a much quicker dining experience with generally fewer courses and practically no wait time in between courses. A tip is to show up 10 minutes after the start of the time window for a seat and to talk to the head waiter or Maitre D' as they will make sure that "International" or non-Chinese guests get treated very well.