Anthem of the seas deck 6 or deck 13

I am currently booked in an obstructed view balcony cabin on deck 6, and I can upgrade to a balcony (not obstructed view) on deck 13 for the same price

Any ideas what deck is better--do you feel the ship move more on a higher floor

thanks 

16 minutes ago, dak1960 said:

I am currently booked in an obstructed view balcony cabin on deck 6, and I can upgrade to a balcony (not obstructed view) on deck 13 for the same price

The issue with deck 13 is the potential noise from above and the overhang which blocks the sun. Try to find some above 6 and below 13 - movement not too much of an issue.

You can do a search for 'obstructed view balconies' if you want to determine the approximate percentage of obstruction. 

I have never been on deck 13 (but I have been in other cabins under a pool deck). Pool lounges are above this deck and when they are cleaning and moving them around it can be noisy. There is also an overhang people complain about due to shade.

I've had an obstructed view cabin twice on Anthem. I do like the fresh air, but the last time we had (I am guessing) one of the 75% obstructed rooms and it really got on my nerves. I don't think I would book obstructed view again if I really wanted a balcony because I did not find it relaxing. Some people don't mind the obstruction so, like most things, it's personal preference in the end.

We will be on deck 13 on the Anthem soon. Same as you, only deck 6 and deck 13 were available. We opted for 13, with the hope that it won’t be too noisy at night. I don’t think I would like deck 6. We were once on deck 7, and the sea spray totally covered the balcony glass and furniture daily. This alone drove me nuts!

Sailed on the Anthem in May and was on deck 8- absolutely wonderful.  I would definitely do deck 13, but then again I can sleep through most things and I go to bed late (midnight or after) and I am up by 6:30-7am.  I think an obstructed view balcony would drive me nuts!  LoL.....If you are easily bothered by noise, take some ear plugs!

3 hours ago, dak1960 said:

thanks 

What is your current cabin number?

• Like 1

I was on Deck 6 a little past the elevators towards the front, so no obstructions. Deck 6 near the front elevators is optimal for me. Most of the most frequented places on the ship are in that vicinity. It's easy to walk down the stairs if the elevators are busy. The room wasn't noisy at all.