NCL Airfare - same Cabin but different flights

johnrich

We have the reduced air as part of our cruise in November. There are three of us in the cabin. On our cruise summary it now lists airports (but not flight numbers). I understand that flights are usually confirmed around 60 days in advance.

My concern is that it is listing two of us as connecting through PHL and the other connecting through CLT.  My PCC has left the company and I haven't been assigned a new one so I just spoke to whoever got the call. She said that the flights are just listed as placeholders and refused to connect me to the Cruise Air Dept. 

Has anyone else experienced having two different itineraries when in the same cabin like this? If so, how did it work out? Were  they indeed just placeholders and you were all on the same flight after flights were confirmed. 

Thanks!  

OP , I have no experience with any cruise/air, but if your scenario/flights are correct is just 1 more reason NOT to let someone else control your flights.

Now you have extra stress wondering what is going to happen. IMO it's just not worth it. Don't want the unknown of times, connections/airports flying through and airlines cruise lines use.

The only way to do that is book your own flights. Things go smoothly that way.

This is the first time we have ever used cruise air out of all the cruises we’ve taken but since it was only $99 per person and the cheapest we could find on our own was $650 pp (it’s over Thanksgiving) we decided we’d give it a chance. 

I don't know how helpful it will be to call the Cruise Air Department but it can't hurt and call more than once as answers tend to differ 

I called them  with various questions about the free air promotion, such as, could I pay to guarantee non-stop flights or pay a fee to ensure sitting together    I asked if they would consider either Newark or Philadelphia airport and was told the computer system could handle just one.   One PCC suggested I switch to Philadelphia because she thought there might be more direct flights. Beyond that,  they had no options they could offer.  I plan to call again closer to our cruise, as the information or options might change. 

Like you, I gambled on the flight because our cruise hits up against the SuperBowl in Miami and the flights were almost as much as some cabins!  I wanted to be onboard for the SB because we've done that in prior years and really enjoyed the atmosphere-- but I failed to check where the game was being played!!! 

Was told the flights (Newark to Charlotte to Miami) are placeholders, that the flight assignments were averaging 45 days out; the flight could be to Ft Lauderdale or Miami, that I shouldn't worry which hotel I decide to book, coming in 2 days early,  since I purchased the transfers.   That there was no option for choosing seats or purchasing or upgrading airfare through NCL beyond the free air promotion and deviation for advanced fly-in or late fly-home (up to 2 days at $25 per person). That they likely wouldn't look at each individual reservation- such as reasonable layover time when traveling with a senior requiring a wheel chair assist - I got the impression that assignments are  done using a computer algorithm not a person. 

I will be pleasantly surprised if they get me to the hotel of my choice, I  have no doubt, they will provide port transfers

I was told that there was no penalty for canceling the free flight promotion even after the flight is ticketed  so I am watching fares as a hedge.   I may end up booking a flight to Miami and ask if I can take the promotion flight (placeholder appears direct flight)!home.  It was suggested I no show for the flight to Miami but that could automatically cancel the return trip.   

Wishing you a wonderful cruise- with non-stop flights and great weather.   Let us know what happens! 

On 8/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, johnrich said:

flights are just listed as placeholders and refused to connect me to the Cruise Air Dept. 

Sorry about the problems and them not wanting to connect you

Here is the direct number.  Just be prepared to be on hold for awhile.

866-625-1163

Same thing here. 2 of us are apparently going through Charlotte, and I’m going through Chicago. They said they didn’t “link” our reservations (we have 2 cabins with another joining us from a different state) my sister asked if they could fix this and was told they could...but they would have to cancel and rebook us. And lose the free airfare.  Nope. Well travel separately thanks. But the gal did say it was entirely likely we’ll end up on the same flight. Just depends on what is cheapest 30 days out. Hopefully it works for you. 

On 8/6/2019 at 11:36 PM, johnrich said:

We have the reduced air as part of our cruise in November. There are three of us in the cabin. On our cruise summary it now lists airports (but not flight numbers). I understand that flights are usually confirmed around 60 days in advance.

My concern is that it is listing two of us as connecting through PHL and the other connecting through CLT.  My PCC has left the company and I haven't been assigned a new one so I just spoke to whoever got the call. She said that the flights are just listed as placeholders and refused to connect me to the Cruise Air Dept. 

Has anyone else experienced having two different itineraries when in the same cabin like this? If so, how did it work out? Were  they indeed just placeholders and you were all on the same flight after flights were confirmed. 

Thanks!  

They are just placeholders. Passengers on the same reservation get booked on the same flights, NCL policy. 

We had two sets of placeholders, a 3rd and best option was actually ticketed.

Edited by Nola26

I don't know how helpful it will be to call the Cruise Air Department but it can't hurt and call more than once as answers tend to differ 

I called them  with various questions about the free air promotion, such as, could I pay to guarantee non-stop flights or pay a fee to ensure sitting together    I asked if they would consider either Newark or Philadelphia airport and was told the computer system could handle just one.   One PCC suggested I switch to Philadelphia because she thought there might be more direct flights. Beyond that,  they had no options they could offer.  I plan to call again closer to our cruise, as the information or options might change. 

Like you, I gambled on the flight because our cruise hits up against the SuperBowl in Miami and the flights were almost as much as some cabins!  I wanted to be onboard for the SB because we've done that in prior years and really enjoyed the atmosphere-- but I failed to check where the game was being played!!! 

Was told the flights (Newark to Charlotte to Miami) are placeholders, that the flight assignments were averaging 45 days out; the flight could be to Ft Lauderdale or Miami, that I shouldn't worry which hotel I decide to book, coming in 2 days early,  since I purchased the transfers.   That there was no option for choosing seats or purchasing or upgrading airfare through NCL beyond the free air promotion and deviation for advanced fly-in or late fly-home (up to 2 days at $25 per person). That they likely wouldn't look at each individual reservation- such as reasonable layover time when traveling with a senior requiring a wheel chair assist - I got the impression that assignments are  done using a computer algorithm not a person. 
I will be pleasantly surprised if they get me to the hotel of my choice, I  have no doubt, they will provide port transfers

I was told that there was no penalty for canceling the free flight promotion even after the flight is ticketed  so I am watching fares as a hedge.   I may end up booking a flight to Miami and ask if I can take the promotion flight (placeholder appears direct flight)!home.  It was suggested I no show for the flight to Miami but that could automatically cancel the return trip.   

Wishing you a wonderful cruise- with non-stop flights and great weather.   Let us know what happens! 
That might work if each flight was on a different airline. But if each way doesn't have a separate PNR number than no showing on the flight out will automatically cancel the return.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

While I didn't have this exact same situation, I did have two flights scheduled for the same cruise, with both going to different airports (one to FLL, one to MIA).  Funny thing about it was that the record locator was correct as I was able to log into the AA website and see my reservation (and choose seats).  Come to find out that they were indeed placeholders.   Once we were within 60 days, my edocs disappeared from the NCL site for a day or two.  When it returned, It had the final, correct flight information.