Table for 11 on Ruby Princess

kyflamingo

We are on the September 14 2019 Ruby Princess sailing and have a total of 11 friends sailing together.  Is it possible to get a table for 11 with Anytime Dining.? Should we see the Maitre'D when we get onboard? This is our 15th cruise but 1st on Princess.  Thanks for your help!

If you have Anytime and plan to pre-arrange with the MD a nightly table for 11 ... prolly ought to make sure everyone shows up every night ... vacant chairs would not be fair to others who are waiting to be seated

In our experience, large tables tend to get quite loud, to say nothing of very tight

3 hours ago, kyflamingo said:

We are on the September 14 2019 Ruby Princess sailing and have a total of 11 friends sailing together.  Is it possible to get a table for 11 with Anytime Dining.? Should we see the Maitre'D when we get onboard? This is our 15th cruise but 1st on Princess.  Thanks for your help!

May I make a suggestion?  We had a large group on an RCCL some time ago.  We arranged for two adjacent tables. We then set up a rotation where one or two couples moved each evening to the other table.  We then had the opportunity to meet each person and to beak bread with a different combination each night.  Too boot, we all shared the excellent wait staff in the dining room.  Just a thought.

• Like 3

My understanding is that there is ONE table in the Princess fleet that'll seat 12; all the rest are 10 or fewer. That one table is on the Ruby, perhaps #119. The telltale clue is that it usually takes two tablecloths; none of the stock tablecloths are big enough to cover the table properly. It's in Botticelli, 6/aft, so only available to TD as I understand it. Even so, good luck getting that table. I've seen it go to bigger families/groups, but I've also seen it go to a group that requested our waiter by language...

We had 11 at a long table.  It takes too long for the waitstaff to take care of you in a reasonable amount of time.  Would not do that again.  Would go with two tables.  Have fun out there