Platinum tier dinner question

bp traveler

1 minute ago, bp traveler said:

Hello I was just looking and we are Platinum and one of the benefits is Cagney/Le Bistro for 2.

My question is this for 1 cruise or unlimited?

thanks

Hi - You will get two certificates for each cruise.  One for Cagneys or LeBistro and one for LaCucina or Moderno.  It includes one starter, one entrée and one dessert.

• Like 1

As a note the vouchers are per cabin and not per person. So as I read it, if anyone in the cabin is platinum or above the entire cabin will be able to have dinner. Some time ago the vouchers were for two people and issued per person so a couple that were both platinum could get two dinners on each cruise. Now they simply issue two vouchers per cabin one for each set of restaurants.

12 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

As a note the vouchers are per cabin and not per person. So as I read it, if anyone in the cabin is platinum or above the entire cabin will be able to have dinner. Some time ago the vouchers were for two people and issued per person so a couple that were both platinum could get two dinners on each cruise. Now they simply issue two vouchers per cabin one for each set of restaurants.

The vouchers are definitely per stateroom, but the NCL web page listing the tier benefits says "dinner for two ... per stateroom."    

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

It is two dinners for 2 per stateroom as long as there is at least one platinum in the room. Therefore you will get the same whether there are one or two platinums in the room.

However, if there are three or more platinums sharing a room then you get extra vouchers to cover everyone.

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

It is two dinners for 2 per stateroom as long as there is at least one platinum in the room. Therefore you will get the same whether there are one or two platinums in the room.

However, if there are three or more platinums sharing a room then you get extra vouchers to cover everyone.

Thanks for clarifying that important point. 

47 minutes ago, yearsofcruising said:

Hey Keith , If using the Platinum coupon for Moderno how is the 1/1/1 workout ? You got a salad bar ( 1 trip ? ) 1 entree ( they come once to the table with a meat ? )

Considering the type service..thxs in advance

There are no restrictions at all. You get the salad bar and they just keep going with the meat until you have had enough.

It’s exactly the same as if you had paid the cover charge or used the SDP.

Edited by KeithJenner

6 hours ago, bp traveler said:

Hello I was just looking and we are Platinum and one of the benefits is Cagney/Le Bistro for 2.

My question is this for 1 cruise or unlimited?

thanks

Ok so if there are 3 of you that are Platinum in the cabin a second voucher will be issued and it will be amended or should be amended to allow the perks as well. To insure the vouchers are for everyone have your son book a solo studio if you are sailing on a big ship

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

There are no restrictions at all. You get the salad bar and they just keep going with the meat until you have had enough.

It’s exactly the same as if you had paid the cover charge or used the SDP.

Again thxs Keith.. You must enjoy the restaurants like myself...Before every cruise I go to the tailor. He asks : " where this time " ? I ask " can you let out my pants anymore ? "

15 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Thanks for clarifying that for us. I am sure a lot of people didn't know it was per cabin. I did know it was for 2, regardless but didn't know it would cover a third person if he person was also platinum. That does make sense though. I guess we are never to old to learn something new. 

9 hours ago, 2bc cruisers said:

Re the wine, they have a special wine list you can choose the bottle from.  Reds, whites.  Enjoy!

We usually choose a bottle but don't drink it with the dinner, instead drinking wine by the glass under our beverage package.  Then take the unopened bottle to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony instead of running to a bar each time we need a glass of wine.  This is totally allowed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Travelicious said:

We usually choose a bottle but don't drink it with the dinner, instead drinking wine by the glass under our beverage package.  Then take the unopened bottle to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony instead of running to a bar each time we need a glass of wine.  This is totally allowed.

that move comes in handy.  thxs

• Like 1

There is a thread on here that states he has to complete a cruise after he turns 18 in order to get latitude points.  So the cruise after this cruise he will be platinum.  Also if there are three platinum cruisers in the same cabin they will put a voucher for 2 dinners for two and one bottle of wine in the cabin.  and the third gets a voucher for 2 dinners for one and no wine.  That might have changed after our Jade cruise 2 years ago.   I thought I should have gotten a bottle of wine also, but they said one bottle per cabin

1 hour ago, Journey11 said:

On ships like Bliss that don’t have Moderno, what restaurant is substituted on the LaCucina/Moderno Platinum voucher?

NCL’s listing of the Latitudes benefits is always a good place to start to get information like this. See note 6 for your answer:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program