To those who know us.....

dusababy

I know of no other way of letting you know that we've lost one of the last of the Greatest Generation -- my hero and fabulous companion - Lt. Col. Walter Jorgensen USMC retired.

Many of you met him on one of our wonderful cruises these last five years. 

One of a kind - just like so many friends we enjoyed meeting aboard Silversea.

Walter was a lifelong sailor - owned "boats" all his life and sailed all over the world.  He thoroughly enjoyed Silversea and last on his bucket list was to sail around the horn - which we'd hoped to do next year. 

He is sorely missed.

Dusababy aka Mary Ann

Oh no, Mary Ann.  We were lucky enough to meet you both on the Wind this year.  I am so saddened to hear this.  You are correct, he best exemplified his generation & I'm so sad for you & for all of his family.  He will be remembered by all who knew him.  Thinking of you.

Although we have never had the pleasure to meet, being on CC makes one feel as if we are at least, acquainted.  I am terribly sorry to learn that you have lost your dear companion.  May he rest In peace and May He comfort you in this time of sadness.

Best wishes to you and I do hope our paths cross someday.

I am so sorry!  I am sorry we never had the opportunity to meet him in person, what a true hero.  I of course have a soft spot in my heart for Marines, my son having served.  I know you will miss him terribly.

Very sorry to hear this, Mary Ann.  We really enjoyed sailing with you and Walter.  He was such a pleasant and happy person and a real hero of those WW II Marines.  We wish you all the best in this sad time and hope that we will see you again.

Debbie and Dieter

Mary Ann

This is such sad news.  We remember well the dinner we shared with you and Walter in La Terrazza.  Bob has frequently recounted the story of asking Walter if he was a Marine.  Walter’s answer was, “No!  I was a hell of a Marine!”  Walter was a very special person and we were fortunate to spend time with you both.  We send you our love and sincerest condolences.

Bob and Victoria