Enchantment Pool Band?

DLKC

I'm curious - seems that the last few cruises we've done, the pool band is getting less and less entertaining -- less hours of play and groups that hardly deliver on the "pool band" feel we enjoyed during earlier cruises.  Our favorite pool band was the Rhythm Section (we had them on two ships!) but really just hope for a good steel drum band out around the pool. 

Can anyone tell me what the pool band situation is on the Enchantment of the Seas?  We'll be sailing on her in November.  Thanks!

Our first cruise was on Enchantment in 2001. The pool band was Mega 4. We have remembered that name all these years. They were the best pool band we've ever heard. I have no idea who will be playing on Enchantment in the future but I would love to go back in time to hear Mega 4 again.

3 hours ago, DLKC said:

I'm curious - seems that the last few cruises we've done, the pool band is getting less and less entertaining -- less hours of play and groups that hardly deliver on the "pool band" feel we enjoyed during earlier cruises.  Our favorite pool band was the Rhythm Section (we had them on two ships!) but really just hope for a good steel drum band out around the pool. 

Can anyone tell me what the pool band situation is on the Enchantment of the Seas?  We'll be sailing on her in November.  Thanks!

Obtain the entertainment info from web_reservations@rccl.com about 3 weeks before the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess, maybe, I'm not really looking for the name of the pool band --

I'm looking for comments from those who have sailed on Enchantment recently --

Was there a real pool band, a steel drum band?  About how often did they play? 

We're already booked so it's not a make-or-break question; I'm just looking to know what to expect.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 4:42 AM, soremekun said:

The new Royal Caribbean app has the schedule of the poolside band. In the daily activities section of the app, adjust the filter to view only entertainment or view all.

Thanks.  I guess I really should download the app.... 🙂

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, ssb said:

Bands are changed out depending on contract lengths . Good luck . Types of music are hit and miss . Country and Caribbean are usually out by pool. 

Sailing out of Galveston, maybe? I'm a hard core country fan and would love to hear it on a cruise. We cruise mostly out of San Juan but out of Florida on occasion. I've never heard country music played by the pool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, DLKC said:

Thanks.  I guess I really should download the app.... 🙂

Yes, you should! I've been playing with it a lot. As far as your question, I'm just seeing "Live Band Poolside" sometimes with no mention of the type of band.

As far as the App - instead of requesting copies of the Compass on CruiseCritic, I've just been looking at other Enchantment cruises leading up to ours. I've made notes on the timing of the activities to get ideas on what to do, when to make dinner reservations, expected docking times at the ports, etc. I've also looked up the MDR menus for the week. I'm a super-uber planner but will go with the flow when the actual time comes.

I think the next cruise that matches up with ours (#of days, same ports) is the 10/9/2019 Enchantment cruise. During that cruise, if you have the app you can see the activities for each day. You don't have to go to the app each day - just any day of that cruise you can see the rest of the days' schedules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 6:10 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Sailing out of Galveston, maybe? I'm a hard core country fan and would love to hear it on a cruise. We cruise mostly out of San Juan but out of Florida on occasion. I've never heard country music played by the pool.

Last time we cruised out of Galveston, there was a country band that played most every night in one of the lounges or somewhere.  I think it is to be expected.... but they were not out at the pool.