Reduced airfare - transatlantic

mduffy1834

We are considering doing the transatlantic on the Epic next April - price is really good, especially with the reduced air of $250pp.

Is this airfare round-trip (Boston to Miami, Barcelona to Boston)?  Tried looking on the website, but the information is non-existent.

Any advice/help/clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Only going off what we did several years ago.  We did Transatlantic Dover to Miami.  We flew ORD to LHR and we got the return flight MIA- ORD and it was a good deal. Better than anything we could have booked on our own.  At that time we got included land transfer from LHR to Dover terminal so we really made out.  Be sure you look into costs for land transport to the docks if it is not included by NCL.  You might need to look at booking Multi City to get current air fare costs.

Do your homework. Check the cost of flights from your preferred airport and compare that with the NCL cost.  I live close to 5 airports and check all when comparing the costs. Invariably, NCL's prices are less... sometimes only slightly, in which case I will decide to book my own flights. 

There's no way anyone can be absolutely sure that you're getting the best price with NCL so you need to do your own research. 

I agree with Sauer-Kraut, you need to check the prices of Transport along with the flight charges. 

Have a great cruise. 

22 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

We are considering doing the transatlantic on the Epic next April - price is really good, especially with the reduced air of $250pp.

Is this airfare round-trip (Boston to Miami, Barcelona to Boston)?  Tried looking on the website, but the information is non-existent.

Any advice/help/clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We booked that TA on Epic next April!  On our vacation summary it lists NY - MIA (so yours would be BOS) and on the return it indicates BCN-MAD-JFK.  Price quoted, yes, roundtrip.  Told that actual flight info released about 40-45 days in advance.  I've read here that what is currently in the summary could be different at the end (i.e. right now implies we won't have nonstop BCN to JFK).  No way for you at this point to know what you might get on the return but seems BCN-MAD-final destination is pretty usual.  

They will add transfers which will take you from Miami airport to pier and then from ship to airport in BCN.  You can keep them (and pay the charge) or cancel them if you find something better or plans don't make transfers a sensible choice.  

Quite an active roll call for that cruise so if you do book, please come over and join us!

Edited by snorklinbarb

Same as above, going out of New York in April so flying Chicago to NY, Rome to Chicago.  Yes, 299.00 seemed too good to be true so I called Norwegian direct to book and the entire package was explained to me.  Didn't get non stops but understand will have the ability to upgrade as we get closer to the date

The prices seem really great. 

NCL quoted $334 CAD pp for Toronto- NYC and Rome -Toronto.   Not sure if the flight home would be non-stop until we get the ticket info.  Cheapest flights on Expedia are $400 with 1 stop.

NCL charges $127 CAD for the transfers pp. 

We can get non-stop flights for $690 pp on our own which would save us 4 hours coming home.

Even my TA advised us to book our own air as NCL is difficult to deal with and what you get might not be convenient.

Too bad they haven't picked up Princess's program.