Solstice

Nextholiday?

Hello 👋 

Yesterday we had a tour of the silhouette which I believe is more or less the same as solstice 

unfortunately I came away with some questions. 

1. The lawn was lovely but most seating was cabanas which you had to pay for. Is this the norm?

2 solarium - beautiful but if cruising in hot weather do they “pull” the roof back?

3 taking into account the above (say no seating and no roof that goes back) do you find it “tight” for space to find somewhere in the sun?

4 atrium - is this very small? 

We had had a great day but unfortunately due to spending a lot of time being shown staterooms and getting off hour and half before expected we didn’t see all we wanted 

thank you 😊 

9 minutes ago, Nextholiday? said:

Hello 👋 

Yesterday we had a tour of the silhouette which I believe is more or less the same as solstice 

unfortunately I came away with some questions. 

1. The lawn was lovely but most seating was cabanas which you had to pay for. Is this the norm?

2 solarium - beautiful but if cruising in hot weather do they “pull” the roof back?

3 taking into account the above (say no seating and no roof that goes back) do you find it “tight” for space to find somewhere in the sun?

4 atrium - is this very small? 

We had had a great day but unfortunately due to spending a lot of time being shown staterooms and getting off hour and half before expected we didn’t see all we wanted 

thank you 😊 

Solarium roof does not pull back, the room is air conditioned in hot weather.   There are loads of places to sit in the son but not in the Solarium.    Atrium can get crowded when they have entertainment there but people use the other decks for viewing. 

1. We were always able to find “free seating” around the lawn.

2. The solarium roof is definitely not retractable but it is very efficiently air conditioned.

3. We never like to sit on the pool deck preferring the higher deck(s) and haven’t found any problems getting somewhere to sit except during school holidays when a lot of adults move away from the pool area which is usually very busy with children.

4. The Atrium is not as big as some other lines but we personally didn’t find it a problem except on the evening the held a Silent Disco there and is was rather congested.

Shame you weren’t able to see more but you are more fortunate than me as I have never been successful in getting one of these short inspection visits with any cruise line.

The Silhouette is similar but not identical to the Solstice.  The Solstice is a bit smaller and doesn’t have the Lawn Grill restaurant.  In its place is a Hot Glass Studio where they blow glass and you can sign up ( for a fee) and create a glass piece. Also the Solstice doesn’t have the Porch restaurant.  

10 minutes ago, Michidoeme said:

Have been on Solstice and Silhouette several times, but don’t know what / where atrium is ?

The atrium is the open area starting on deck 3 between Guest Services &  Passport Bar and is open all the way to the top deck.  If you recall the indoor tree you see going up & down the elevator the open area below it is the atrium.

16 minutes ago, Michidoeme said:

Have been on Solstice and Silhouette several times, but don’t know what / where atrium is ?

The atrium is the open area midship,  ringed by railings that extends upwards several decks.. The base is the Grand Foyer on deck 3. There is often music and sometimes dancing in the Foyer. People congregate above, around the railings of the atrium to watch and listen.

On 8/12/2019 at 5:21 PM, dkjretired said:

Solarium roof does not pull back, the room is air conditioned in hot weather.   There are loads of places to sit in the son but not in the Solarium.    Atrium can get crowded when they have entertainment there but people use the other decks for viewing. 

Hello 👋 

the solarium was gorgeous but if weather is nice then I like to be outside, prefer by  the pool 

On 8/12/2019 at 6:00 PM, Toftwood said:

1. We were always able to find “free seating” around the lawn.

2. The solarium roof is definitely not retractable but it is very efficiently air conditioned.

3. We never like to sit on the pool deck preferring the higher deck(s) and haven’t found any problems getting somewhere to sit except during school holidays when a lot of adults move away from the pool area which is usually very busy with children.

4. The Atrium is not as big as some other lines but we personally didn’t find it a problem except on the evening the held a Silent Disco there and is was rather congested.

Shame you weren’t able to see more but you are more fortunate than me as I have never been successful in getting one of these short inspection visits with any cruise line.

Hi 👋 

thank you 😊 

are you from the uk?

1 hour ago, Nextholiday? said:

Is solstice being “upgraded” like I believe silhouette is?

I found this on the Celebrity website, hope it helps. 

Also I'd be interested in the link to register for a ship tour, if you don't mind posting it.

Thanks 

Tracy

TIMELINE

When can you experience the Revolution?

Ship Completion Dates
Celebrity Millennium® - 09/02/2019
Celebrity Summit® - 23/03/2019
Celebrity Equinox℠ - 01/06/2019
Celebrity Silhouette® - 14/02/2020
Celebrity Constellation® - 26/05/2020
Celebrity Infinity® - 16/11/2020
Celebrity Eclipse® - 25/11/2020
Celebrity Solstice® - 29/10/2021
Celebrity Reflection® - 03/02/2023

On 8/14/2019 at 7:51 PM, Tracyi said:

I found this on the Celebrity website, hope it helps. 

Also I'd be interested in the link to register for a ship tour, if you don't mind posting it.

Thanks 

Tracy

TIMELINE

When can you experience the Revolution?

Ship Completion Dates
Celebrity Millennium® - 09/02/2019
Celebrity Summit® - 23/03/2019
Celebrity Equinox℠ - 01/06/2019
Celebrity Silhouette® - 14/02/2020
Celebrity Constellation® - 26/05/2020
Celebrity Infinity® - 16/11/2020
Celebrity Eclipse® - 25/11/2020