What's the difference between Early Saver/VIFP

beshears

They can be different, sometimes there is a random sale that is exclusive for your VIFP number. For my may cruise on the legend next year, it was about a 100 dollar different with the vifp number and without. Now that sale is long gone and i will never see that pricing again 😞

Riffatsea, the reason I'm asking here, is I have always used a TA, and decided to go with the Carnival rep. I didn't know after putting a deposit down (both TA and Carnival rep gave the same discount with the VIFP# being used), "how/where" to look and see if there would be a discount more in the future.

3 hours ago, beshears said:

Riffatsea, the reason I'm asking here, is I have always used a TA, and decided to go with the Carnival rep. I didn't know after putting a deposit down (both TA and Carnival rep gave the same discount with the VIFP# being used), "how/where" to look and see if there would be a discount more in the future.

No one can predict the future. If you go on line, you can see all the different rates—well, most of them. Sometimes a PVP can find something not on line but VIFP and ES will be there.

9 hours ago, beshears said:

I was given the price of the room "without" the VIFP#, and then with it.  Is there a big difference in Early Saver, compared to using the VIFP#, or are they about the same?

There may or may not be a difference in pricing but the Early Saver will have a lot more restrictions on it.

The Early Saver requires a non-refundable deposit whereas the VIFP generally offers a refundable deposit.  When on the website and you're going through the quote process, at the bottom of the options for "Pricing" where is says "Here Are Some Great Deals For You", click "more options" at the bottom of the box for the various other sales.  Easy to miss this.  Some are for non-refundable and some with refundable deposits.

9 hours ago, beshears said:

Hi beshears

The way you do this is simply to go to the Carnival site and look up the price of your cabin category, for your given cruise. Make sure you are looking at exactly the same cabin class and the price with all the taxes and port fees included.

You will notice that when you get to the cabin selection, there will be an choice of "let us pick your cabin or pick your own". Look at "all" your choices. On the "pick your own" side there is an additional "show all options". This will show you the prices that anyone who has never cruised with Carnival before can book that cruise. 

To see if you will get any extra discount using your VIFP#, simply do the same thing except "log in" to the Carnival site. You may or may not see more (perhaps lower) options when you get to choosing your cabin. When you book, make sure you note your "booking rate" (that's the super saver, past guest, early saver...etc.). Make sure you understand any restrictions for that particular rate. When you do log in to the Carnival site, you can also click on your name (it's on the top right). You will see a drop down menu, one of the choices is "my offers". Click that, you might get a good surprise.

This is a "mock booking". I gather you booked the "early saver" rate. With that rate you would be entitled to benefit from any price drop up till 2 days before your cruise sail date. It is up to you to monitor this. You would need to do these mock bookings to determine if you are entitled to any rebates. Your PVP will not do this for you. If you see a price drop, call them immediately and they will process it for you. 

You have to make sure you are looking at the same "cabin class" to determine if you qualify for a price drop. They will allow you to upgrade (if prices have fallen and you choose a better cabin class). They will not allow you to downgrade, without penalty. Other booking rates may allow for price protection, but generally it is only until "final payment".

hope this helps

have a great cruise

Beshears, I posted in your other thread last night, but will say it here too just to make sure you see it. Check the cabin confirmation email that your PVP sent you. Scroll down to where it says "Guest Notes" and there will be some information about what rate you booked.

10 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

No one can predict the future. If you go on line, you can see all the different rates—well, most of them. Sometimes a PVP can find something not on line but VIFP and ES will be there.

I've been following the OP's booking process across a few threads. When she mentioned if there'd be a discount in the future, I'm pretty sure she's talking about price matching for Early Saver. She's not sure which rate her PVP booked.

She still might have to call and find out for sure. When I look at the booking info. in our confirmation email, like I mentioned above, it doesn't always say Early Saver exactly. For example, we currently have two cruises booked and both just say something like, A qualifying VIFP number is required to book this rate, or something like that. But one of them is Early Saver because I got a price drop. I looked at our confirmation email from our cruise last year and it says something similar, but also says something like, If you find a lower rate, contact Carnival. I know we booked that one Early Saver and it says to contact Carnival if we find a lower rate (which is indicative of Early Saver), but it doesn't say Early Saver directly. So even if beshears confirmation doesn't say it exactly, it still might be an Early Saver rate with price protection.