Whoa...what’s going on with Oceania!

Lighthouse68

14 hours ago, nvgal said:

I recently noticed that the country of origin has been removed from the name tags and replaced with area of work. I really enjoyed looking where the crew was from and talking to them about this. 

Nvgal;

This has been discussed at length in prior posts . The issue is the faltering eyes of the aged. Numerous complaints were lodged by the sight impaired that the font was to small on the previous name tags to read. Oceania changed the name tags so that the employee name is plenty large enough for the vast majority to read. What O didn’t do was to enlarge the name tags so they covered half the chest. Something had to go and it was home country. 

The wait staff are more more than happy to tell you where they are from if asked.

I will miss the country designation.  It was always a good way to start a conversation with staff.  We really look forward to getting to know the staff we see on a regular basis and to hear their stories.  Always a highlight for us.

7 minutes ago, Sny said:

I will miss the country designation.  It was always a good way to start a conversation with staff.  We really look forward to getting to know the staff we see on a regular basis and to hear their stories.  Always a highlight for us.

Now you have to become a linguist specializing in foreign accents and try to guess the origin of the staff member based on their accents 😀 

Maybe they can give Big O points for guessing right - 3 points for guessing right on first try, 2 for second try and 1 point for third try (three tries and you're out) 🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Now you have to become a linguist specializing in foreign accents and try to guess the origin of the staff member based on their accents 😀 

Maybe they can give Big O points for guessing right - 3 points for guessing right on first try, 2 for second try and 1 point for third try (three tries and you're out) 🙂

When we lived in San Francisco I was much better with accents and facial identifiers.  Now I say "where are you originally from?"  Or "what's your ethnicity?"  And not a person has seemed to look askance at that.  And when I first started saying those things I really tried to be aware.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:18 PM, Shawnino said:

If the staff is unhappy, that's really no good, but they'll mostly be out of contract by April -- and I hope they can find a better place they like to work.

There does seem a fair few reports of poor service and food - particularly on Sirena. Lets hope these "unhappy staff" are not expecting any "tips".