Naples, FL to Port Everglades

airboss1998

Missed a key point in booking Feb 2, 2020, out of FLL..... SUPER BOWL.  Ugh.  NO problem getting flights the day before but no hotels (at least for under $4~500, so switched the Southwest tickets to RSW.  This works as we can have dinner and see good friends.

Lots of options, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  I can do a Hertz one-way, with points, RSW to FLL.  Only downside is having to Uber from Hertz to Port Everglades.  Some shuttle services from Naples (gas station??) to FLL, then Uber to port.  Anybody else done the west coast to the pier option?

Uber option is $150 or so, which may be our best option.  At least it would be hotel to pier.  A little concerned with finding someone that morning that would want to make the trip.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

How about turning your car into Hertz at the near port office, then free shuttle to your ship?

That's an option, and high on the list.  Never quite sure if the rental cars will deliver the service they promise, especially big event day.  I was quite surprised when someone told me Hertz would drop you at the ship.  You had experience with that?

Edited by airboss1998

1 hour ago, knotheadken said:

Is the port parking restricted to cruise passengers? or will they let other people to park there? Concerned about parking for our cruise Feb 2nd.

It's not restricted to cruise passengers however since it's quite a walk over a busy bridge, no one is really going to park there for any events so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Okay, have to edit that the busy bridge I was talking about was for Port Miami!  Sorry about that. 

The parking garage for Terminal 2 & 4 is prior to security and the convention center uses this garage as well.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

5 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It's not restricted to cruise passengers however since it's quite a walk over a busy bridge, no one is really going to park there for any events so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Port Everglades does check your cruise documents before allowing entrance to the port as well. 

On 8/17/2019 at 3:13 PM, airboss1998 said:

Missed a key point in booking Feb 2, 2020, out of FLL..... SUPER BOWL.  Ugh.  NO problem getting flights the day before but no hotels (at least for under $4~500, so switched the Southwest tickets to RSW.  This works as we can have dinner and see good friends.

Lots of options, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  I can do a Hertz one-way, with points, RSW to FLL.  Only downside is having to Uber from Hertz to Port Everglades.  Some shuttle services from Naples (gas station??) to FLL, then Uber to port.  Anybody else done the west coast to the pier option?

Uber option is $150 or so, which may be our best option.  At least it would be hotel to pier.  A little concerned with finding someone that morning that would want to make the trip.

Thanks.

The 5 minute Uber fron FLL to PE isn't much of a downside. It's rather trivial.  That's what I'd probably do. Drive to FLL and hop in a cab or Uber to the port. It's across the street. 

24 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Port Everglades does check your cruise documents before allowing entrance to the port as well. 

If you come into the entrance on 17th,  the parking garage for Terminal 2 & 4 are prior to the security checkpoint so they do not check your cruise documents. They moved the checkpoint back a few years back.

2 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

If you come into the entrance on 17th,  the parking garage for Terminal 2 & 4 are prior to the security checkpoint so they do not check your cruise documents. They moved the checkpoint back a few years back.

Good to know. Haven't used that entrance in a few years. 

On 8/17/2019 at 3:13 PM, airboss1998 said:

.  I can do a Hertz one-way, with points, RSW to FLL.  Only downside is having to Uber from Hertz to Port Everglades.  

This is your best option. What downside? It is a 3.7 mile drive. Worst case there is surge pricing due to the Super Bowl and its $20 or something. But out of everything you stated this makes the most sense by far. 

8 hours ago, Flymia said:

This is your best option. What downside? It is a 3.7 mile drive. Worst case there is surge pricing due to the Super Bowl and its $20 or something. But out of everything you stated this makes the most sense by far. 

Just handling our luggage out of the rental, dragging it to the curb, meeting the Uber driver at the Hertz location (they don't always make it easy to be picked up there).... not insurmountable, just an observation.

8 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Did you not look into staying in Boca or somewhere?

Greyhound also makes that run but with more than two people, Uber may be your best bet.  However, you may not find a driver willing to take you.

Actually, Boca was the closest place I could find a Hilton, for points.  But it looked to be about a $40 Uber ride, to and from, and getting away from FLL seemed a better idea.  In retrospect it could have worked, but I'm good with what we have planned.   Thanks.