Which Princess ships are their most classiest?

Ken the cruiser

On our first nine Princess cruises we sailed on 9 different ships.  That was not by plan but just how the itineraries worked out.  We have lots of things we especially like about the Royal Class and the lack of a Promenade deck is not a deal breaker for us.  On our first sailing the midships stairs were not fully opened but Princess received so many complaints on that issue that they solved it rather quickly.  We also really like the Coral, have 16 days scheduled on her in December.  That being said we are not fans of what they did to the Island and thus have avoided it.  Have never sailed on the Pacific so cannot comment on that.

I have cruised on most of the ships in the Princess fleet, with the exception of the newest "mega-ships" (which I have avoided so far), and feel that the Pacific Princess is by far the most enjoyable, and classiest, of all the ones I've cruised on.

That's not to say that I have not thoroughly enjoyed every cruise AND every ship, but I just far prefer the Pacific for the ambiance and the smaller number of pax, the feeling of really mattering to all of the crew and staff that I encounter, the opportunity to get to know crew and staff members, seeing the faces of the same passengers every day so we get to feel almost like a family  for the length of the cruise.

We have another 29 day cruise on the Pacific coming up in a few months, and can't wait to get back to our home-away-from-home.

12 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

my favourite princess ships would be the grand class ships for one main reason.  i only book the aft mini-suites on the starboard side.  ex. e729, e731.   those are great cabins for me.  everything else about princess is wonderful especially the pub lunches 🙂

We snagged E729 on Star for our December Hawaii cruise.  Did this in October 2018, have it marked "no upgrade" and check on it every day.

While my favorite right now is the Regal Princess, I have a soft spot for the much smaller Sea Princess.  I enjoy different Princess ships but seem to get stuck with the Caribbean Princess more than I would like. 🙁

2 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

yes, whenever i book either e729 or e731, i always have the travel agent add "do not upgrade" to my booking.  the mini-suites on emerald deck are the only ones with covered balconies and that is also important to me.

Plus the side / aft view from the balcony helps as well

We've done 30 cruises on 13 Princess ships starting with the Dawn in 2000 through the Royal in 2016.  Last cruise was on the Caribbean in 2017 (we've had to retire from cruising since then).  While I was wowed by the Royal size and classiness, it's not my favorite for various reasons.  Our preferred cabin is an OV near the Atrium on Plaza for its location and price (we used to do 2-3 cruises/year).  So was greatly disappointed when Royal/Regal eliminated those cabins and forced pax to choose between a balcony or inside (have had one of each on Royal).  Thus much prefer the Crown class.

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks everyone! From all of your responses it sounds like most of the ships in the fleet are the "most classiest" to someone for one reason or another!

Thank you so much for this appropriate response.  Fantastic!

• Like 1