Quantum from Singapore, different?

Ru2on

11 hours ago, ldubs said:

We are booked Feb on a R/T out of Singapore.  I'm kind of sorry to hear this about the menus.  I was kind of looking forward to Asian food!  Whatever it is I know we will enjoy.  

The Noodle House was still there in place of Johnny Rockets & they still did Hot Pot dishes some nights in the Windjammer so there wasn't a total lack of Asian food,who knows how different that could be on your cruise ,I found it pretty frustrating trying to get info out of RCI before our cruise.

11 hours ago, Ru2on said:

From what i read it will take a capacity of fourteen people a time .  Would def think about prebooking with a group of you 🙂

Many had booked & paid for Northstar on the cruise from China to Singapore but were told on sailing that it was free & they would be refunded,it seemed pretty empty sometimes when it was up on our cruise,but I guess if there is a number of you it would be best to book.

We never did try it,my Wife is terrified of hieghts for one but when they say that it is a view of a cruise ship that you won't have seen before I wasn't at all convinced that I wanted to!

Edited by snaefell

11 hours ago, snaefell said:

The Noodle House was still there in place of Johnny Rockets & they still did Hot Pot dishes some nights in the Windjammer so there wasn't a total lack of Asian food,who knows how different that could be on your cruise ,I found it pretty frustrating trying to get info out of RCI before our cruise.

That sounds good.  Our group would actually prefer Asian menu.  But no worries.  Whatever it is we will enjoy.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snaefell said:

Many had booked & paid for Northstar on the cruise from China to Singapore but were told on sailing that it was free & they would be refunded,it seemed pretty empty sometimes when it was up on our cruise,but I guess if there is a number of you it would be best to book.

We never did try it,my Wife is terrified of hieghts for one but when they say that it is a view of a cruise ship that you won't have seen before I wasn't at all convinced that I wanted to!

Mrs Ldubs and the other decision makers in our family group will likely book Northstar and a few other things.  Might be cool to be on it as the ship is leaving port (as long as there are no low bridges).     

After disapointments in Chops & the MDR on the first 2 nights we ended up eating in the Windjammer every night,we found the open area at the stern to be a wonderful place to eat,especially as many nights we could watch lightning flashing away as we ate,pity there aren't food stations further back in the buffet as it is quite a walk,that probably accounted for why on many occasions the Windjammer could seem packed when you first entered but venturing further back it could often be pretty empty.

Edited by snaefell
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 2:59 PM, Joseph2017China said:

Pushing Shoving Arguing - (if you go to another country, you must understand it is different culture....but on a good note, this is a stereotype that really isn't as bad as it sounds....more like someone booked an Asian cruise, and did not realize they were in China, so looking for the typical things to complain about.)

Unfortunately this is not the case.  If you are traveling with a group of chinese from mainland china you WILL experience pushing, shoving, spitting on the deck, and lots of other rudeness. Groups from Taiwan and Singapore are totally different and very pleasant to travel with.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...