Princess transfer from LHR to Southampton

WCAS74

21 hours ago, cubfan63 said:

Would that also be true for passengers traveling solo?  I’ve found that for solo travelers, Princess transfers are far more affordable.

Usually private transfers are expecting to charge the same for one or two, which is a big disadvantage to travelers like me, who usually travel solo.  

Im assuming you are referring to a couple of people when you say it’s only about $10 pp more. Right?  

Yes, indeed my comment was about our circumstance, namely a couple.  I think you're right that if traveling solo the Princess transfer is likely to be less expensive (conversely, if there are more than 2 in your party, the savings booking private would be far greater).

I found my last Smiths booking which was for a private "limousine" car (understand that the term limousine refers to any 4-door saloon (sedan) car in the UK).  Ours happened to be a mid sized Jaguar but Ford Modeo's have been used in the past.  Anyway, we paid GBP70 for two one way Heathrow to Southampton, about US$90 at todays exchange rates.  At the time I thought it was an very good value for the level of professional service provided.

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

Yes, indeed my comment was about our circumstance, namely a couple.  I think you're right that if traveling solo the Princess transfer is likely to be less expensive (conversely, if there are more than 2 in your party, the savings booking private would be far greater).

I found my last Smiths booking which was for a private "limousine" car (understand that the term limousine refers to any 4-door saloon (sedan) car in the UK).  Ours happened to be a mid sized Jaguar but Ford Modeo's have been used in the past.  Anyway, we paid GBP70 for two one way Heathrow to Southampton, about US$90 at todays exchange rates.  At the time I thought it was an very good value for the level of professional service provided.

That is extremely inexpensive for that distance. How many years ago was that?

8 minutes ago, brisalta said:

See my post #13 for current pricing.  Maybe jondfk was quoting the one way fare.  I know we paid £70 in 2013 each way between Heathrow and Southampton.

7 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Even in 2013 that was a good deal.

I agree and the fact that for 2 passenger vehicle it hasn’t changed in 6 years (except maybe the addition of the Heathrow parking fee which I don’t remember) is amazing.  

Edited by capriccio

21 hours ago, brisalta said:

That was in 2017.  Booking was made in May 2017, actual trip to the ship was on September 22, 2017.

Since many seem to think I may have misspoke, I rechecked the confirmation a third time to confirm we paid GBP71.  I added a GBP14 tip for a grand total of GBP85.

Oh, and we avoided the parking fee since we were picked up from our night before hotel over on Bath Road (the main hotel strip just outside of Heathrow).

Edited by jondfk
Added parking comments

I have used the Princess transfer from London's VICTORIA COACH STATION twice to Southampton. Very easy. Go earlier then they tell you. There will be Princess reps there to show you where to take your luggage, give you a paper for boarding the coach. Your luggage will be taken directly to your cabin. Worth it for 2 people, prepay Princess.

For more then 2 a private driver is my choice.