Flavoured Gins

Yes on Indy, lots in Vintages and I think Playmakers. I have a photo somewhere of the menu as I did a live review in May, I will try and find it and post here. I'm pretty sure some of the drinks of the day also featured flavoured gins, if you search for my review it has all the Compasses which listed the drinks each day.

27 minutes ago, kernow said:

I think it's for the Brits on the ships out of Southampton. Flavoured gins are massive over here at the moment.

Oh no! I will have to start lobbying Royal to include them on US sailings. 

Mary Ann

3 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

Oh no! I will have to start lobbying Royal to include them on US sailings. 

Mary Ann

Perhaps they will if they are popular enough, do many people drink them in the US?

I remember when we first started cruising, DH could hardly ever get cider (alcoholic) on the ships, now it's even on the Diamond drinks list.

13 minutes ago, UFMOM said:

They are becoming more well known with gin lovers here. Fever  Tree tonic is getting more poplular here too. 

MaryAnn

I just got a tonic syrup made here in Seattle. It’s called &Tonic. 1/2 Oz and then soda water. It’s delicious. In my hunt to find it, I discovered a gin distillery a couple of miles from my house. Went for gin tasting, and ended up with 2 different bottles of their gins and the &Tonic.

I have never had flavored gin, but the Violet gin could be good for an Aviation, since most ships don’t carry Creme de Violette. I will definitely check on the Voyager in Nov.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beardedladies said:

Definitely yes on Explorer of the Seas - they added them on our trip in May, the first from the UK. I am 99% certain Indy did the same.

Yes, Explorer did have a variety of flavoured gins but we found that not all bars had them all ( you could get raspberry flavour in the Schooner Bar, but not from the bar in the Star Lounge, and so on).

When I was on the Indy in June, they added a whole new gin menu due to the ship sailing out of Southampton. I asked why and was told that the British love Gin so I would guess that it depends on which ship your on and where it is sailing from.