Luggage labels if not lead booker?

Hello! Getting closer to our first cruise now - only 23 days 🎉

There are 6 of us going, spread over 3 cabins. My father in law booked the whole trip.

I’ve been able to check my partner and I in all ok, added credit card and got our set sail pass etc. However, when I click on the cruise documents part (where the internet says the luggage labels will be) it has my father in laws email greyed out and says travel docs will be sent to him. 

So can only he receive/print luggage labels?

I know we can get labels at check in so not unduly concerned, just interested as to why we can do everything else - just not print our own luggage labels!

Luggage labels are also at the back of your Guest Ticket Booklet. Has that been issued yet?  In your planner they are “eDocs1”.   

It could be they haven’t  issued your tickets yet?   It is hit or miss as to whether you get an email saying they are ready in my experience!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, misslottie said:

Hello! Getting closer to our first cruise now - only 23 days 🎉

There are 6 of us going, spread over 3 cabins. My father in law booked the whole trip.

I’ve been able to check my partner and I in all ok, added credit card and got our set sail pass etc. However, when I click on the cruise documents part (where the internet says the luggage labels will be) it has my father in laws email greyed out and says travel docs will be sent to him. 

So can only he receive/print luggage labels?

I know we can get labels at check in so not unduly concerned, just interested as to why we can do everything else - just not print our own luggage labels!

Since you are within 7 weeks, your edocs and luggage tags should have been issued and should be downloadable.  I'd contact RC and inquire.

Your Father In Law probably put his own email address on all of the bookings, hence the docs are going to that email address.  You can ask him to forward your docs to you or call RCI and see if they will send them to you (beware that they may not want to send them to an email address other than the one on the booking but it is worth a try).  

• Thanks 1

We had this happen when we took our kids on a cruise and had booked 3 cabins.  Since it was all charged to our credit card, I had received all the reservations.   I did print out several luggage tags, placed them in holders and made sure everyone had them before we left Chicago.   I don't like to leave anything to chance so DH was calling me the "Cruise Nazi" by the time we left.

Of course this was the cruise where the only thing he was in charge of was our passports and he forgot them.  But that is another story.

Ever Forget Your Passport?.rtf

4 hours ago, stevea36 said:

Your Father In Law probably put his own email address on all of the bookings, hence the docs are going to that email address.  You can ask him to forward your docs to you or call RCI and see if they will send them to you (beware that they may not want to send them to an email address other than the one on the booking but it is worth a try).  

Huh?  Haven't seen docs emailed or mailed in years.  You print these from the web site once they are issued.  If you were able to check yourself in for the cruise it will be on a link near that.

9 hours ago, LeeW said:

Huh?  Haven't seen docs emailed or mailed in years.  You print these from the web site once they are issued.  If you were able to check yourself in for the cruise it will be on a link near that.

RCI sends you a link to tell you they are ready... but, as LeeW said, sign on to Royalcaribbean.com.  if you can see your booking, click on "View More Details"  you should then see a link to the cruise docs.   If you click on it the docs will begin to download.  

• Thanks 1