Sky rerouting

troyers

We are currently on the Sky and will update this thread if we hear anything about the 8/31 cruise. We have to disembark the ship here in Miami and can then re-board and stay on overnight. We are required to disembark by 6am tomorrow (Saturday) though. 

2 minutes ago, NYrunner said:

We are currently on the Sky and will update this thread if we hear anything about the 8/31 cruise. We have to disembark the ship here in Miami and can then re-board and stay on overnight. We are required to disembark by 6am tomorrow (Saturday) though. 

Keep us posted!! Thanks safe travel and hope you enjoyed!!

I wish all of you coming and going safe travels. 

And particularly all residents 

The Governor has issued a state of emergency for all counties in the state and wants everyone to have a go bag ready and to be prepared to leave. 

Edited by MizDemeanor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

I wish all of you coming and going safe travels. 

And particularly all residents 

The Governor has issued a state of emergency for all counties in the state and wants everyone to have a go bag ready and to be prepared to leave. 

GA Governor Brian Kemp just declared a SOE for Brantley, Bryan, Camden, Charlton, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long, McIntosh, Pierce and Wayne Counties.  I live in Chatham.  🙁

This is not good news, and we are hoping it is incorrect ...

We just disembarked the MSC Seaside, choosing not to stay onboard, hoping that the Sky would sail tomorrow. 

Since The Sky was docked right next to the Seaside, we walked over (thinking they just might let us spend the night aboard LOL). They did not allow us to go into the terminal but a Norwegian representative came over to speak to us. She said tomorrow’s 8/31 cruise is cancelled. We couldn’t believe it! I asked why that info is not already posted on the website, but she said she did not know; they are constantly getting updated info.

Anyway, I’m just reporting here what happened about 10 minutes ago. In our disbelief, we are still hoping somehow the rep was misinformed! 

12 minutes ago, dales wife said:

This is not good news, and we are hoping it is incorrect ...

We just disembarked the MSC Seaside, choosing not to stay onboard, hoping that the Sky would sail tomorrow. 

Since The Sky was docked right next to the Seaside, we walked over (thinking they just might let us spend the night aboard LOL). They did not allow us to go into the terminal but a Norwegian representative came over to speak to us. She said tomorrow’s 8/31 cruise is cancelled. We couldn’t believe it! I asked why that info is not already posted on the website, but she said she did not know; they are constantly getting updated info.

Anyway, I’m just reporting here what happened about 10 minutes ago. In our disbelief, we are still hoping somehow the rep was misinformed! 

I don't believe it. I'm on this ship.  I called NCL someone on the phone said the same thing. Then i called executive customer service and they said the first place u will be notified is on website. 

I'm on this ship too, and as much as I want it not to be true, it just makes too much sense; there are mandatory evacuations starting to take place down there, and there is a place much more at risk than the port.  I was hoping we might sneak on by the hair of our chinny chin chins, but it isn't looking good

8 minutes ago, Mightyjoey1 said:

I'm on this ship too, and as much as I want it not to be true, it just makes too much sense; there are mandatory evacuations starting to take place down there, and there is a place much more at risk than the port.  I was hoping we might sneak on by the hair of our chinny chin chins, but it isn't looking good

Why do you say that.. I'm thinking the storm has slowed down.. there's no reason. For them to loose 1.5 million in revenue, when the boat is already there... They can load up everyone and leave early.. the storm won't even be close.

Edited by NyYankees2k3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

Why do you say that.. I'm thinking the storm has slowed down.. there's no reason. For them to loose 1.5 million in revenue, when the boat is already there... They can load up everyone and leave early.. the storm won't even be close.

This probably isn't NCL's call; you have a catastrophic storm barreling down onto a major population center that may very well need to evacuate millions of people just to avoid a major loss of life....if they start evacuating A, B and C zones starting right now, those roads will become parking lots in no time.  I love cruising as much as the next guy, but I don't want anyone stuck around those ports with 20 foot of storm surge coming

18 minutes ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

Also...the space on that ship is probably reserved more for the people already on the ship; most likely, that ship will be long gone by 5 pm tomorrow.  I hope I am wrong, but I'm kinda leaning towards us being cancelled unfortunately

14 minutes ago, Mightyjoey1 said:

Also...the space on that ship is probably reserved more for the people already on the ship; most likely, that ship will be long gone by 5 pm tomorrow.  I hope I am wrong, but I'm kinda leaning towards us being cancelled unfortunately

The people on the ship must depart by 7am tomorrow... It will be crew only if they leave with no passengers

1 hour ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

I don't believe it. I'm on this ship.  I called NCL someone on the phone said the same thing. Then i called executive customer service and they said the first place u will be notified is on website. 

I was going to ask if you could check with someone there onboard. I agree with you that it doesn’t make sense not to load up the passengers who are obviously already here in Miami, since the ship will be heading out anyway. Like I said, the MSC Seaside is heading back out (later today) with passengers onboard.

If any are wondering, for us, this is not all about the cruise. I live in Myrtle Beach and my family takes hurricanes seriously, evacuating when told to do so. At this point, to us the safest  thing would be to board the passengers tomorrow, even departing early if need be, rather than all of us figuring out another means of evacuating. 

I also just called the number on the card that NCL’s rep handed me. The person I got said there is no word  that the cruise is cancelled, but like you said, she said check the website, and we should know by three today. Meanwhile, we are sitting here in the Airport’s rental car area, waiting.

11 minutes ago, dales wife said:

I was going to ask if you could check with someone there onboard. I agree with you that it doesn’t make sense not to load up the passengers who are obviously already here in Miami, since the ship will be heading out anyway. Like I said, the MSC Seaside is heading back out (later today) with passengers onboard.

If any are wondering, for us, this is not all about the cruise. I live in Myrtle Beach and my family takes hurricanes seriously, evacuating when told to do so. At this point, to us the safest  thing would be to board the passengers tomorrow, even departing early if need be, rather than all of us figuring out another means of evacuating. 

I also just called the number on the card that NCL’s rep handed me. The person I got said there is no word  that the cruise is cancelled, but like you said, she said check the website, and we should know by three today. Meanwhile, we are sitting here in the Airport’s rental car area, waiting.

Good luck I'm on the beach in Miami , waiting.

We are from North Carolina. Understand.

Hope for the best.

Hopefully not a conspiracy theory by NCL to not do the last full all inclusive on Sky. Lololol hahah.

3 hours ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

Same here. I was hoping for key west. And never been to private island (tried 4 times always rough seas).. now.. I don't care where we go.. just want to leave.

If evacuations are starting i assume traffic tomorrow morning from MIA to the Port will not be bad as everyone will be going opposite direction?

If they move up our sail time do they still enforce being on board 2 hours prior?  I land at 915am (carry on) so assuming all is ontime i hope to be at port by 10 or 1030.  A noon sail time wont give me 2 hours.

19 minutes ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

Good luck I'm on the beach in Miami , waiting.

We are from North Carolina. Understand.

Hope for the best.

Hopefully not a conspiracy theory by NCL to not do the last full all inclusive on Sky. Lololol hahah.

We were thinking the same thing! Lol.

8 minutes ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

Still waiting my friend.. NCL site is slow to update.  Ive been refreshing and the "130pm" update came live way after 2pm.. we got 30 minutes till 3pm.

Did you book directly with NCL? Check your email also

1 hour ago, MizDemeanor said:

The mutual associations with the larger power companies up here from Delmarva and Atlantic City are on the way as of about 11:30am today to assist with restoring power. 

This morning around 6am in Philly I saw about 30 Asplundh trunks in a caravan on 95 headed south