Sky rerouting

troyers

I hope we don’t miss KW.  I made lunch reservations at Santiago’s Bodega and planned on hanging out at Sloppy Joe’s until time to board.  Watch us be stuck in Nassau for multiple days.  This happened to us before during rough weather.  

Just now, BostonGal35 said:

crazy!  the good thing is we should be on board and sailing away from it when the worst hits.  i feel bad for the folks with sunday disembark/embarks.

I was just listening on the news and they were saying a whole bunch of flights have already been cancelled.

My husband and I are (hopefully) on this cruise as well.  Our flight leaves in less than 10 hours.  I was worried when I got the text that BostonGal posted because we are scheduled to land in Miami at 3:45pm and I really don't want to get stuck there with no flights out (we were only planning to stay one night ahead of the cruise)!  I don't care where the ship goes as long as it takes me with it!

Sunday is our 23rd wedding anniversary.  This is exactly why we have never cruised in September (except for Alaska).

Thank you for your posts.  Hopefully I will sleep a few hours before heading to the airport.  

See you guys on board on Saturday!   Do you think they will want to embark early?

Norwegian Sky – August 26, 2019 Sailing: Norwegian Sky will no longer call to Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas and instead will return to Miami, Florida a day early on Friday, August 30, 2019.  Guests will have the opportunity to remain on board until 7 a.m. on August 31.  Due to the shortened cruise, all guests will receive a 20% refund from the original cruise fare paid. 

Norwegian Sky – August 31, 2019 Sailing: We are closely monitoring the storm and will provide an update by 3 p.m. or sooner on Friday, August 30, 2019.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Norwegian Sky – August 26, 2019 Sailing: Norwegian Sky will no longer call to Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas and instead will return to Miami, Florida a day early on Friday, August 30, 2019.  Guests will have the opportunity to remain on board until 7 a.m. on August 31.  Due to the shortened cruise, all guests will receive a 20% refund from the original cruise fare paid. 

Norwegian Sky – August 31, 2019 Sailing: We are closely monitoring the storm and will provide an update by 3 p.m. or sooner on Friday, August 30, 2019.

I believe this may be good news for us. We are currently aboard the MSC Seaside which is now heading back to Miami, a day early. We were told this eve to decide if we want to stay onboard, or disembark Friday morning by 11am (it will depart again that afternoon around 4 until it can safely come back to Miami after the hurricane).

We are booked on the Sky on 8/31, but since NCL has not said whether it will be sailing, we are not sure what to do. But if you say that it will be in Port of Miami on Sat 8/31, does it seem reasonable that it will sail? We don’t care where it goes, just need to decide if we need to get off MSC. 

I know everyone is having to make last minute changes, and hope everything works out for us all. 

7 hours ago, dales wife said:

I believe this may be good news for us. We are currently aboard the MSC Seaside which is now heading back to Miami, a day early. We were told this eve to decide if we want to stay onboard, or disembark Friday morning by 11am (it will depart again that afternoon around 4 until it can safely come back to Miami after the hurricane).

We are booked on the Sky on 8/31, but since NCL has not said whether it will be sailing, we are not sure what to do. But if you say that it will be in Port of Miami on Sat 8/31, does it seem reasonable that it will sail? We don’t care where it goes, just need to decide if we need to get off MSC. 

I know everyone is having to make last minute changes, and hope everything works out for us all. 

I am supposed to go on Sky on 8/31. We are already in Miami. I see on live tracker seaside and sky are in Port. Let me know if you hear the annocments for sky on your ship.  Right now I see no reason why they would leave the sky empty.. I assume they want to load it up and get the heck out of the port.. but when is the question..

1 hour ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

I am supposed to go on Sky on 8/31. We are already in Miami. I see on live tracker seaside and sky are in Port. Let me know if you hear the annocments for sky on your ship.  Right now I see no reason why they would leave the sky empty.. I assume they want to load it up and get the heck out of the port.. but when is the question..

Here!

https://www.ncl.com

7 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

I'm rooting for you guys to get a better itinerary then Bahamas for the same price. I'll take it Cozumel anyday over Nassau. 

I know right!  im bummed abotu Key West as ive never been there.  and i do enjoy GSC but that's always a crap shoot.  Nassau and Freeport blech.

2 minutes ago, NyYankees2k3 said:

There's no new Info my friend.

They will probably update later today, if not just go to the port tomorrow as usual.

Last June we did not find out about the itinerary change to the Escape until 6pm the day before the cruise

Edited by Laszlo

2 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

I know right!  im bummed abotu Key West as ive never been there.  and i do enjoy GSC but that's always a crap shoot.  Nassau and Freeport blech.

Same here. I was hoping for key west. And never been to private island (tried 4 times always rough seas).. now.. I don't care where we go.. just want to leave.