Tell me more about the Red Frog Pub

Joebucks

On 8/26/2019 at 5:39 PM, Joebucks said:

Going on Carnival cruise #7 shortly, and there is one thing that has eluded my cruises each time so far, the Red Frog Pub. I will be on the Valor, which has one. I've heard good things about it, mostly around the paid appetizers and games. What else can you tell me about it? Are there any good exclusive events in there? When is a good time to go?

I've only been to RFP on the Pride, but we really enjoyed it and found afternoons (4-6) or after dinner (9-11/12) good for us.  Timing really depends on your interests.

We only had the plantains and pigeon peas once, but they were really good.  The house band was GREAT on our first Pride cruise (Beasts from the East) and good on our second (Soul It - just starting out, might be better now).  There was a small dance floor, a bean bag toss game, various seating, plus of course the bar.  Fishbowls are a fun option (not available with Cheers) and the rum samplers (did light one cruise, dark the other) pack a punch.  I think they also offer a beer flight, but I'm not a beer drinker.  None of these are covered with Cheers.

Children under 18 were discouraged after 8 or 9pm.  We didn't notice many during the day, but it also wouldn't bother me as long as they were being respectful.  There were definitely some older teens at afternoon Karaoke.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:36 PM, georgiacruizer said:

On the Miracle, they held 50% off drink specials on most cocktails a couple of days during our cruise.  It turned out it wasn't 50% off the price...it was double the size of the drink for the same price!  We were served our drinks in a pitcher with a big straw for the same price as a glass!

On 8/28/2019 at 2:31 PM, Kellyann said:

We're on the Sunrise 9/16 and wondering how you know when they are offering this special.  Is it listed on the Activity sheet or is it posted somewhere within the Red From Pub?  Thanks for info.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:47 PM, JandPB said:

This was the port day happy hour. When we were on the Miracle we would hustle back on the ship from port to grab a pitcher or two. Quite the good deal. We loved the Red Frog on the Miracle.

The time for Happy Hour was listed in the Fun Times (so we knew when it was coming).  I think there was also a sign outside the Pub advertising the 50% deal.

Went on the sunrise (great cruise great ship except some congestion in the buffet area). The red frog pub was the most popular hang out. Supposedly the one on the sunrise is the largest in the fleet. Daytime was a lot of trivia and other games and contests. Evenings were sometimes karaoke while most nights there was a live band.