Expedited Arrival Question

I just checked in for our cruise on Vision out of Miami.  I use the mobile app for both of us and included photos.  I just checked our Set Sail passes and mine says "Expedited" and his does not.  What does that mean?  We are Diamond, so maybe it doesn't matter?

1 hour ago, handbellplayer said:

Thanks, Bob.  I did a search before I posted and read through all of those threads.  None of them answered my question.

As said in last one: "Iook for the signs for the Expedited Arrival line. Go through the line and inside the terminal entryway they will send you to an agent with an iPad. Check in is done right there, and they can take your picture there also. Then they send you through security/luggage check, then a separate line will take you to the  back of the terminal to get the escalator or elevator upstairs to the waiting area. We had it last year, and check in was really a breeze."

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

As said in last one: "Iook for the signs for the Expedited Arrival line. Go through the line and inside the terminal entryway they will send you to an agent with an iPad. Check in is done right there, and they can take your picture there also. Then they send you through security/luggage check, then a separate line will take you to the  back of the terminal to get the escalator or elevator upstairs to the waiting area. We had it last year, and check in was really a breeze."

OK, but my question was about my Set Sail pass having the designation and my husband's not having it.  Folks, I really do try to find an answer using the (less than great) search function on this site.  I try to be helpful to anyone who asks questions here, whether the question has been answered before or not.  Sorry - this question really isn't that important - I'll just drop it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

OK, but my question was about my Set Sail pass having the designation and my husband's not having it.  Folks, I really do try to find an answer using the (less than great) search function on this site.  I try to be helpful to anyone who asks questions here, whether the question has been answered before or not.  Sorry - this question really isn't that important - I'll just drop it.

On our Harmony cruise in May, my wife had Expedited arrival and me and my kids did not. We showed my wife's set sail pass and all guided to the expedited line. 

6 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

On our Harmony cruise in May, my wife had Expedited arrival and me and my kids did not. We showed my wife's set sail pass and all guided to the expedited line. 

4 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

I believe you both can go through the Expedited Line. When you get there, IF they balk I would nicely say that "surely you don't mean to split me and my husband up?" 😊

Thank you for the helpful responses!

• Like 2

I had this issue on our Celebrity cruise in July - my mum’s had expedited but mine didn’t (although I was the one to do everything!). Anyway we were both allowed in the expedited line and checked in via the iPad before my mum even realised we were in the terminal! 

Wendy

21 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

Your husband will be able to go thru the expedited arrival line with you

We had a similar problem in that when I looked at the app on the phone, I saw ours had Expedited arrival.  I did the check in though through the website on my computer.  Our Expedited arrival disappeared.

Family was in the next cabin and they had some problem doing their check in as it kept saying it was blocked.  My daughter-in-law called Royal Caribbean and they did it for her and her cabin was given Expedited arrival.

When we got to Ft Lauderdale, we all walked in together and the check-in person for Expedited arrival said we could all proceed together.  It worked out well for us and we were in the Diamond Plus area in a couple of minutes.

Thank you for asking this question Handbellplayer - same thing happened to me.  I used the app to check in my husband & myself for our cruise in November -- Did them both the exact same way & mine came out expedited & his did not.  From the helpful responses sounds like we can both go through the expedited line.  Have a good cruise!