Make sure to check EZ Air fares regularly

bonship

We are sailing on Ruby Princess out of Auckland, NZ on Dec. 30 and home from Sydney on Jan. 13..  Booked air through EZ Air about two weeks ago for $1500 (flexible), which was considerably cheaper than booking on my own.  A few days later, the fare went down to $1300, so I re-booked.  I felt really good about that fare from Indianapolis as every travel site had the fare at around $2000.  Today, just on a whim, I checked the fares again and it was $904. with one stop and good times.  Of course, I re-booked.  Lesson learned:  Keep checking fares even when you're happy with the fare you have.  I never expected to pay under $1000 to fly to Australia/New Zealand. 

• Like 5

Good for you.  I check every day and for my return on Delta this November, it shows nothing is available.  I booked them the first day available and prices keep going up.    When I check all airlines, a ticket price is up $1000. and there are a few Delta flights but not ours.  They are showing under my Delta skymiles account  so I am ok. 

I check sometimes more than once a day.  I've probably rebooked our one way flight to Santiago Chile 10 times (we are using miles for the return flight).  Our's started out at around $1500 and the last change brought it down to $510 for our same United flights so I jumped on it.  That fare was temporary as it popped back to $710.  And I just canceled miles for our October return from Sydney when the United flight dropped down to $473 on EZAir, roughly $400 under where it had been for quite some time.  At that price it wasn't worth using the miles.  So yes, it definitely pays to check!

• Like 1

fluffybunny22, I really don't think there is a better time of day to check.  I haven't checked fares for quite a few days and lucked out today.  I just checked again and the $932 fare is still there.  I am surprised because we are flying out the day after Christmas, which I would think would be more expensive.  Good luck and keep checking.

This is the first time we have booked though EZ Air and I’m not sure I am checking correctly.  In My Personalizer, it just shows the original price even when I go to Modify flights. When I went to Fare Quotes, (pretending to book a flight), I found my flight, but I couldn’t  find an option for Premium Economy seats., which is what we have booked. The flights on the airline site are slightly cheaper. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

I just booked my first flight using EZAIR from jfk to syd, one way for $665 per person. I'm happy with that price, but will keep checking if it gets cheaper. Does anyone know what happens if I pay for a seat upgrade directly through the airline and then the ezair price becomes cheaper? If I rebook on ezair (with or without the same airline at a cheaper rate), would my paid seat upgrade be refunded automatically? 

3 hours ago, bonship said:

Lesson learned:  Keep checking fares even when you're happy with the fare you have.

I check at least daily & as a result had better flights at up to 60% cheaper than our original Flexible EZair reservation.  For our Fall cruise a LAX to Rome one-stop one-way flight got as low as $171...amazing!

Edited by Astro Flyer

I check even though I'm pretty sure I can't beat it. Sure enough, whatever was found by OP is a great deal 

Screenshot_20190830-112720_Chrome.thumb.jpg.20376eb5a39232cb39608633706ac843.jpgScreenshot_20190830-112649_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3617fefb75ab33a57ad87fccc6b29e70.jpg

I appreciate how we can check without losing our previous flight. That 765 saved is covering my 3 nights in Melbourne 

Edited by Ombud
Formatting
  • Like 3

jlduchin, when I booked my Indianapolis to Auckland flight with EZAIR for $1300. a few weeks ago, I went to the AA site and upgraded to premium economy for $130 per person using my EZAIR confirmation number..  When I re-booked today at $930 on EZAIR, I lost those seats, even though I had the same flight as I had originally for my return.  I called AA and, after an hour and a half of waiting, was told that my new flight needed to be ticketed first and that  I needed to purchase new premium economy seats and then call AA to ask for a refund for the prior booking.  The AA agent was rather curt and wouldn't say if I would be granted a refund.  Sigh... Oh well, I saved $400 a ticket by re-booking so I will still be ahead.  Call the airline, but you might not get an answer.

• Like 1