Favorite guest entertainers and lecturers

Go-Bucks!

Dr Roger Cartwright  always has interesting topics

We enjoyed some of the solo entertainers that they used to have  ..more on the classical music side

we did see Lovena Fox a few years ago

no others were memorable

We saw Lovena Fox too! She was good. I wasn't impressed with the lecturer on the only other Oceania cruise we were on, which might explain why I don't recall his name. We also enjoyed the crew's production at the end of the cruise. Some of them were better than the paid entertainers!

The best lecturer we have ever had on Oceania was for our 2013 Beijing to Bangkok cruise. Harry Chittick was amazing....not only did he give informative practical lectures about the Far East and its culture but he gave a great lecture on travel photography. His lectures were always “standing room only” and there were no snores to be heard😁

Lisa

Is there a reason for your question since you just spent 7 mths onboard?

Just curious

Usually you do not know  ahead of time who the guest lectures will be or the guest entertainers

(some exceptions apply)

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Lisa

Is there a reason for your question since you just spent 7 mths onboard?

Just curious

No particular reason. I'll be on the Marina in September, 2020 and was curious as to who might be worth going to see. I'm not a big fan of some types of shipboard entertainment (on any cruiseline)...such as magicians, ventriloquists, hypnotists, or production shows, but I do like musical acts and the string quartet. 

If I see several positive posts here about a certain person or group then I might decide to see them if they're on my next cruise...that's why I'm asking.  And maybe others are interested too?

I did enjoy a couple of the lecturers on the world cruise but wasn't impressed with several others. 

Edited by Go-Bucks!

23 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

No particular reason. I'll be on the Marina in September, 2020 and was curious as to who might be worth going to see. I'm not a big fan of some types of shipboard entertainment (on any cruiseline)...such as magicians, ventriloquists, hypnotists, or production shows, but I do like musical acts and the string quartet. 

If I see several positive posts here about a certain person or group then I might decide to see them if they're on my next cruise...that's why I'm asking.  And maybe others are interested too?

I did enjoy a couple of the lecturers on the world cruise but wasn't impressed with several others. 

I am not a fan of  comedians & magicians either  

Somtimes you do not know  who you will see

Before  they changed the entertainment company they had a lot more solo  musicians   which we enjoyed

DH became friends with some  & still keeps intouch 

Hope you have some good acts

Enjoy

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I am not a fan of  comedians & magicians either  

Somtimes you do not know  who you will see

Before  they changed the entertainment company they had a lot more solo  musicians   which we enjoyed

DH became friends with some  & still keeps intouch 

Hope you have some good acts

Enjoy

You know how some people absolutely hate clowns? Well that is how I feel about magicians! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I like comedians if they're clean...not a fan of "adult" humor or bad language. Sometimes hard to find that in a late night show.

WOW  did they have  those adult  type on Oceania

We did 1 Carnival cruise  & it was so much swearing  we left 

I am not a prude  but  cannot stand the  F word  in  show setting

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

WOW  did they have  those adult  type on Oceania

We did 1 Carnival cruise  & it was so much swearing  we left 

I am not a prude  but  cannot stand the  F word  in  show setting

No, I wasn't meaning that there was any of that on Oceania...was speaking in general.  Have experienced it on a couple of mainstream lines, though.  Just my opinion...not meant to judge others' tastes.

1 minute ago, Go-Bucks! said:

No, I wasn't meaning that there was any of that on Oceania...was speaking in general.  Have experienced it on a couple of mainstream lines, though.  Just my opinion...not meant to judge others' tastes.

WHEW

You scared me for a minute there 😲

Yes Main stream lines seem to allow  that type of show ....not for me