Itinerary Poll: Carnival Panorama vs Carnival Vista?

jbethel11

Carnival Panorama vs Carnival Vista?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Carnival Panorama vs Carnival Vista?

• Carnival Panorama, 7 Day Mexican Riviera
    • Carnival Vista, 7 Day Western Caribbean

4 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

But yet Carnival Panorama is priced the highest out of the three Vista class ships, as seen attached below. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 1.19.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 1.23.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 1.26.55 PM.png

I'm booked for January 18th on an inside (even managed to snag a porthole cabin) for a total of $1,175 which is slightly higher than I paid for the SPLENDOR 3 times. Cruising off season, of course, always.

I would prefer Panorama because I haven't been to any of those ports yet..where I've been to Cozumel 10 times, Belize and Mohogany 3 times each.

In your case I'd probably save the $500 and go Vista since  you haven't been to Belize or Mohogany Bay yet. Panorama prices may go down after the newness wears off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Galveston also usually has lower fares than a Caribbean cruises leaving from Florida.

My experience has been opposite. All of my most expensive cruises have been out of Galveston. My 8-days on Magic and Breeze out of FLL and MIA are about the same price as I paid for 7 days on Vista and Breeze out of GAL with worse itineraries. Crazy prices I'm paying for short cruises on the Dream out of Galveston. I believe it's because Texas has 30 million people who are all about doing everything in Texas.

New ship, new itin for you, if Matt were still on Vista, I might have gone the other way.  Lastly, I have my doubts the west coast will support the Panorama enough to keep the price inflated. Of course they will get the most they can, it is very typical that a brand new ship, demands a premium over sister ships.   All that said, they need to fill rooms.  The last new ship for the west coast was the Splendor. They had to significantly discount rooms.  There were two factors which embellished this, the fire and the swine flu, but she never regained the edge and they eventually sent her back east.  

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

My experience has been opposite. All of my most expensive cruises have been out of Galveston. My 8-days on Magic and Breeze out of FLL and MIA are about the same price as I paid for 7 days on Vista and Breeze out of GAL with worse itineraries. Crazy prices I'm paying for short cruises on the Dream out of Galveston. I believe it's because Texas has 30 million people who are all about doing everything in Texas.

Every ship Carnival has sailed from there has done very well. Having 8 million people within a 5 hour drive sure does not hurt.  Carnival has been very supportive of the port as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

New ship, new itin for you, if Matt were still on Vista, I might have gone the other way.  Lastly, I have my doubts the west coast will support the Panorama enough to keep the price inflated. Of course they will get the most they can, it is very typical that a brand new ship, demands a premium over sister ships.   All that said, they need to fill rooms.  The last new ship for the west coast was the Splendor. They had to significantly discount rooms.  There were two factors which embellished this, the fire and the swine flu, but she never regained the edge and they eventually sent her back east.  

Do you speculate the "deflation" of the prices will happen for my sailing? If Panorama was the price of the Vista, I wouldn't think twice about choosing her over the Vista.

Edited by jbethel11
Grammatical errors
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Do you speculate the "deflation" of the prices will happen for my sailing? If Panorama was the price of the Vista, I wouldn't think twice about choosing her over the Vista.

Lol, who knows.  Your sailing date is at the end of summer break which may be good for you and not so much for Carnival, that said, booking so far has remained pretty strong from what I have been told.  Wish I had a crystal ball for you Grasshopper, butthe bottom line is I really like both and and do not think you can go wrong.

5 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

So, are you saying in April 2020 I should expect to see lower prices?

I can't see into the future. I am just going by what I have seen before on west coast cruises.

The Panorama may be still up there next year when you cruise due to it being a brand new ship. Based on past performances by other ships and other cruise lines that cruise from there the fares are usually lower.

We cruised from there many years ago and wouldn't do it again. The west coast does not even enter into the equation when we are figuring out where we want to cruise.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

We cruised from there many years ago and wouldn't do it again. The west coast does not even enter into the equation when we are figuring out where we want to cruise.

Ironically, that's exactly what this west coast cruise would "enter into the equation" as well as the equation of many west coast cruisers. Airfares being $300-400 to fly to the Mecca of cruising in Miami has a definite effect on the cost analysis for many cruisers on the west coast. And a new ship on the west coast may be the determining point.

Edited by glrounds

2 hours ago, glrounds said:

Ironically, that's exactly what this west coast cruise would "enter into the equation" as well as the equation of many west coast cruisers. Airfares being $300-400 to fly to the Mecca of cruising in Miami has a definite effect on the cost analysis for many cruisers on the west coast. And a new ship on the west coast may be the determining point.

Good point. I hope the west coast supports this ship and it does well.

I have my doubts though. Hope I’m wrong.

10 hours ago, glrounds said:

But, are people willing to cruise the same itinerary over and over, even if it's on a new ship? I suspect a lot of cruisers will choose the Panorama for the ship itself, and not for the destination.

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

But, are people willing to cruise the same itinerary over and over, even if it's on a new ship? I suspect a lot of cruisers will choose the Panorama for the ship itself, and not for the destination.

For me, yes, but I'm just enthralled with the sea and cruising. I've done this itinerary many times even flying to these destinations often in the past. Before I retired most of my employees were from Mexico so I loved going to Mexico. But, you make a good point.

Carnival typically mixes an Hawaii cruise into the choices. Back in the day a 10-day to Hawaii and then a 10 day from Hawaii to Vancouver for the summer Alaska cruise. She could easily do an 8-day to the lower Mexican Riviera with Acapulco, Ixtapa and Zijuantenejo (sp?).  I did that on the SPIRIT out of San Diego. Maybe even a cruise up into the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California) like Princess has done. A trip up the California coast to Frisco or even Vancouver isn't unbelievable.

22 minutes ago, koikat said:

I'm sailing on the Panorama in Jan 2020 because its new and I'm in San Diego, so no flying necessary

Funny thing is, flights from NYC to LAX cost the same as flights from NYC to HOU (plus rides to and from the port). It's just that the Vista is less expensive, most likely due to the inflation of prices on the Panorama.