Sea Princess South Seas cruise

Last of their 5 days at sea today. Papeete tomorrow . 

When we sailed from Hawaii to Tahiti we had a half way call at Christmas Island. ........never got ashore as a storm had washed away the tender landing ,and even though the ship stood off shore for a while , could not see much of it as the highest point of land is only a few metres above sea level . 

6 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Last of their 5 days at sea today. Papeete tomorrow . 

When we sailed from Hawaii to Tahiti we had a half way call at Christmas Island. ........never got ashore as a storm had washed away the tender landing ,and even though the ship stood off shore for a while , could not see much of it as the highest point of land is only a few metres above sea level . 

I hope they have a good couple of days in Tahiti.

It was a bit variable this morning. I did the Circle Tahiti tour and got sprinkled on a couple of times. It's nice now.

DH is on the sick list, he came down with a nasty cough in the middle of the night after battling a slight head cold for a couple of days. There is a lot of coughing around the ship and many people coughing into their hands then touching chairs, railings etc. DH has confined himself to our cabin today.

It's lovely and warm with a nice breeze. DH was feeling better so we went ashore this morning for a short while. Not much to see unfortunately, just a market, some food stalls and a few locals doing some Tahitian dances. It's a pity there is no beach near the tender wharf.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

It was a bit variable this morning. I did the Circle Tahiti tour and got sprinkled on a couple of times. It's nice now.

DH is on the sick list, he came down with a nasty cough in the middle of the night after battling a slight head cold for a couple of days. There is a lot of coughing around the ship and many people coughing into their hands then touching chairs, railings etc. DH has confined himself to our cabin today.

I hope your husband is well soon and doesn't pass it on you.

Leigh

We're currently sitting in Bloody Mary's Bar waiting for our drinks and lunch to arrive.

We had an amazing morning. I snorkelled with the stingrays and sharks, then exploring a coral garden. DH didn't snorkel but came in the water for a while at the stingray/shark stop as the water was quite shallow there. Beautiful water too, so clear and the perfect temperature  - warm enough to stay in it for ages yet cool enough to be refreshing.

Bora Bora is definitely THE Tahitian port! So gorgeous!!!

• Like 1