Celebrity Summit leaving Bayonne?

Dorene1

37 minutes ago, Dorene1 said:

Hello, 

Is the Summit leaving Bayonne?  I dont see the 2020 cruise from Bayonne to San Juan.  I prefer Celebrity over Royal.  

Thank you 

Dorene

No, they have a full schedule of cruises next summer out of Bayonne although they do have some changed itineraries, they are not going to Bermuda all summer.  

The repositioning cruise in 2020 will leave from Boston to San Juan. Not Bayonne  this year. The summit is not leaving Bayonne altogether, but not every cruise will be departing from Bayonne, and in this case Celebrity  are also using Boston as a departure point

56 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Summit will be using Boston  most of 2020 with Royal's Anthem moving to Europe, and Oasis and Adventure sailing out of Bayonne.   🍷

As much as I hate to I have to disagree with you Mike.  Celebrity is doing twice as many cruises out of Bayonne next year as  out of Boston.   

In 2020, Summit will...

• Offer seven 7 night itineraries--round-trip Bayonne to Bermuda--with earliest departure on 9 May and latest departure on 26 July
  • Offer one 14 night itinerary--Bayonne to Dublin concentrating on Iceland/Greenland--departing on 2 August
  • Offer one 14 night itinerary--Dublin to Boston concentrating on Iceland/Greenland--departing on 16 August
  • Offer four 12 night itineraries--round trip Boston to New England/Canada---with earliest departure on 30 August and latest departure on 5 October
  • Offer one 12 night itinerary--Boston to Fort Lauderdale with a few port calls in the Caribbean [including San Juan in route]--departing on 17 October
  • Offer one 15 night itinerary--westbound Panama Canal from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego--departing on 29 October
  • Offer one 15 night itinerary--eastbound Panama Canal San Diego to Fort Lauderdale--departing on 13 November
  • Offer one 7 night itinerary--Fort Lauderdale to San Juan--departing on 28 November

It appears that Summit will begin doing 7 night Caribbean itineraries--round-tip San Juan--starting on 5 December 2020

Edited by Xport

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

As much as I hate to I have to disagree with you Mike.  Celebrity is doing twice as many cruises out of Bayonne next year as  out of Boston.   

I was just looking at their Bayonne to Bermuda cruises & back,  their normal summer route from the past years -- only 4 of them.  🍷

The last few years we have done Bayonne to Bermuda in May. 7 day cruise.3 days in Bermuda. Nothing like that in 2020 so we are doing the 10 day which also goes to Charleston and Newport but less time in Bermuda. I hope they bring back the 7 day Bermuda in 2021 where you just go to Bermuda.

Laura

Edited by Laurab23
word missing

34 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I was just looking at their Bayonne to Bermuda cruises & back,  their normal summer route from the past years -- only 4 of them.  🍷

Its a little adjusted but there are basically 7 of those cruises, they added Newport either on the first day or the last day.  Instead of a sea day they stop at Newport which to me is a positive addition.   I do think they are going to work on a transfer of those Bermuda cruises to Royal in the future.  

2 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

The last few years we have done Bayonne to Bermuda in May. 7 day cruise.3 days in Bermuda. Nothing like that in 2020 so we are doing the 10 day which also goes to Charleston and Newport but less time in Bermuda. I hope they bring back the 7 day Bermuda in 2021 where you just go to Bermuda.

Laura

That  new itin really fit the bill for us...something a bit different than the  previous itins.   We are excited and looking forward to it in May 2020, esp Charleston overnight.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

That  new itin really fit the bill for us...something a bit different than the  previous itins.   We are excited and looking forward to it in May 2020, esp Charleston overnight.

It will work out well for us too with a childhood friend living near Charleston. We did drive down and see her and took in some of the sights a few years ago. I have never been to Newport so looking forward to that but I hate getting into Bermuda in the afternoon instead of the morning. See you onboard.

Yes, See you onboard.!

Late arrival day in Bermuda we usually visit the drugstore for items we hope to find that we  cannot easily find  at home.... natural ear drops  etc  Also shop for some souveniers,  water,  teas, cooking sauces   etc. Just walk and stretch our legs.

We plan to stay  at the port area this time..... for mini golf and Frog and Onion, tour of the fort and museum... maybe watch the dolphins ??  Just going to relax.. chill out sunsets etc.  Excited about returning to Newport and first time to Charleston.

Offer seven 7 night itineraries--round-trip Bayonne to Bermuda--with earliest departure on 9 May and latest departure on 26 July

This does not fall well for me as I cant start my vacations until end of Sept, and nothing more than 7 days.  Wish Celebrity would replace the later shorter cruises.  I am not a fan of Royal, and this may now send me back to NCL.