Aqua Class and Dining on Celebrity Constellation

TonyM99

Advise please - Have booked a cruise on Celebrity Constellation next march only our second with Celebrity and our first in Aqua Class - Can someone please confirm Dining options for us . I assumed that we would have as our norm on most cruises an arranged table for 8 in MDA and then have option to use Blu as and when we wanted - Having done several cruises we have been lucky enough to meet some really nice people on a regular Dining table many of who we still keep in regular contact with. We gave TA our preference of Table 8 second sitting  But on my account it states Open Dining - Seating Time Anytime. I am advised by TA that as Aqua class we can basically do what we want when we want - So that appears to me that whilst we may be able to eat where and when want we would not be able to eat with same people each night unless we buddy up with another couple or more who are also Aqua and who like to do the same - Can someone with experience of this please enlighten us - Many Thanks 

For those passengers in Aqua Class staterooms Blu is their MDR for breakfast and dinner.  There will not be an assigned table for you in the MDR.  If you wish to dine in the MDR for dinner then the seating hostess in Blu can arrange that for you, but there will not be an assigned table for 8 during the second traditional seating in the MDR waiting for you.  

Most of the tables in Blu are for two.  They are close enough that you can converse with those on either side of  you if you so desire.  Blu does not have traditional dining options (ie, no first and second seating).  It is select (or "anytime") dining.

7 minutes ago, TonyM99 said:

Advise please - Have booked a cruise on Celebrity Constellation next march only our second with Celebrity and our first in Aqua Class - Can someone please confirm Dining options for us . I assumed that we would have as our norm on most cruises an arranged table for 8 in MDA and then have option to use Blu as and when we wanted - Having done several cruises we have been lucky enough to meet some really nice people on a regular Dining table many of who we still keep in regular contact with. We gave TA our preference of Table 8 second sitting  But on my account it states Open Dining - Seating Time Anytime. I am advised by TA that as Aqua class we can basically do what we want when we want - So that appears to me that whilst we may be able to eat where and when want we would not be able to eat with same people each night unless we buddy up with another couple or more who are also Aqua and who like to do the same - Can someone with experience of this please enlighten us - Many Thanks 

You may need to have a chat with your TA. If a regular table for 8 is important to you, why did the TA book you in Aqua? The Aqua cabins are the same as the regular balconies. The big benefit of Aqua for us is having breakfast and dinner in Blu. We never use the spa. As always, YMMV.

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

For those passengers in Aqua Class staterooms Blu is their MDR for breakfast and dinner.  There will not be an assigned table for you in the MDR.  If you wish to dine in the MDR for dinner then the seating hostess in Blu can arrange that for you, but there will not be an assigned table for 8 during the second traditional seating in the MDR waiting for you.  

Most of the tables in Blu are for two.  They are close enough that you can converse with those on either side of  you if you so desire.  Blu does not have traditional dining options (ie, no first and second seating).  It is select (or "anytime") dining.

Just to confirm, the above post is absolutely correct, don't know if you are traveling with other people or just want a table for 8 but if others are traveling with you and are not in AQ, they cannot eat in Blu unless in a suite.  Never saw a table for 8 in Blu unless everyone knew each other.  Also, there will be a letter in your stateroom when you arrive that will ask you to dine at a particular night the first night, you can just ignore it as most people do and go whenever you want.   

Just now, TonyM99 said:

Thanks for your prompt response - So that will be different experience then - Can you reserve a time or is it arrive when you want and hope space 

Blu is open seating, so you can arrive at any time. Some of the tables are very close together so you can chat with other people or not if you wish.

2 minutes ago, tgg said:

You may need to have a chat with your TA. If a regular table for 8 is important to you, why did the TA book you in Aqua? The Aqua cabins are the same as the regular balconies. The big benefit of Aqua for us is having breakfast and dinner in Blu. We never use the spa. As always, YMMV.

Thanks I booked Aqua for promotion and only being a few £00 more than a balcony - I'm sure I'll enjoy especially for breakfast not having to compete in the bunfight - Hope to make use of Spa as well

No reservations.  Just show up when you want to dine.  I have seen people line up before Blu opens in the evening, but they are seated as soon as the doors open.  There is an occasional wait but rarely more than 5-10 mins

1 minute ago, TonyM99 said:

Thanks I booked Aqua for promotion and only being a few £00 more than a balcony - I'm sure I'll enjoy especially for breakfast not having to compete in the bunfight - Hope to make use of Spa as well

Sometimes booking Aqua is much more expensive than a balcony, so good for you.  The peaceful breakfast alone with be worth the few quid extra. Enjoy your cruise.

6 minutes ago, tgg said:

The aqua and concierge cabins are a little larger than the balcony cabins on the M class ships. You could change to a concierge class cabin and eat in the MDR. Late seating in the MDR is normally available.  

1 minute ago, tanzania2015 said:

The aqua and concierge cabins are a little larger than the balcony cabins on the M class ships. You could change to a concierge class cabin and eat in the MDR. Late seating in the MDR is normally available.  

Thanks Aqua was same price as Concierge (current Offer) so i thought extra benefits were worth it - Think we will stick with it always worth trying something different 

People  who arrive around the same time for breakfast and or dinner often end up in the same area,  and if wanted  they socialize...We always meet  interesting people in BLU.   Preferable to having   mdr tablemates who may or may not show up on any given night,  

Glad you will stick with it...esp at a good price..!  If you want the mdr one night the maitre d can arange it for you...but  you may  likely decide BLU is better! Flexible arrival hrs also a big  plus!

53 minutes ago, TonyM99 said:

Thanks Aqua was same price as Concierge (current Offer) so i thought extra benefits were worth it - Think we will stick with it always worth trying something different 

Nice to read that you are willing to try something different.  And I actually prefer both Blu and the suite class restaurant Luminae on the M-class ships (like the Constellation) over those on the S-class ships.