Breakfast in dining room on all ships??!

missholly24

15 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

8:30 seems a little late to start serving breakfast. I guess I won't starve til then

I think the MDR closes at 8:30 or 9, this is why we never make it to the MDR breakfast. I think breakfast starts at 7

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coevan said:

I think the MDR closes at 8:30 or 9, this is why we never make it to the MDR breakfast. I think breakfast starts at 7

If you have sea days you may want to try the sea day brunch.  It is generally available until 1:30 and you can get both breakfast and lunch options during this time.  Some people go once for breakfast and again for lunch, but it sounds like late morning brunch would be ideal for the late riser.

We used to always go to MDR for breakfast or brunch, but they have gotten so slow that we prefer to visit Lido deck.  Two pluses for this are better huevos rancheros from Blue Iguana and al fresco dining.  We are usually up by 6-6:30 though and waiting for breakfast to start 😉 

Breakfast (or brunch on seadays) in the MDR sets the tone for a relaxing day. (Being seated  in quiet surroundings, ordering what you wish, and being served, as opposed to juggling plates and utensils in a noisy environment, searching for a table, waiting in food lines, etc)