Deck 6 Pacific Princess

holomuku

Hi there,

We are looking at booking the Pacific Princess for a Panama Canal cruise Jan. 20.  We've got our eyes on the CAT BF balcony cabins on Deck 6- the ones farther forward.  I know motion can be issue for some but it's not a concern for us.  What does concern me is these cabins appear to be above the bar and stage on Deck 5.  Anyone who ever stayed in these-- advice on any noise issues would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Interested in reading responses as we will also be on the Pacific Princess soon and will be forward near the Cabaret.  CC has cabin reviews, but none for deck 6.  None of the reviews, including one for deck 4 below the Cabaret, mention a problem with noise.

Edited by mtnesterz

20 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I know you say it is not an issue.........but me.

IMO I would be more worried about the movement there than noise.

Colo Cruiser-  We're fortunate that motion sickness isn't an issue for us.  We've done Azamara, Windstar (even smaller than Azamara) several times and no issues.  We have been on trip where other people were pretty miserable but somehow we both escaped that malady.  (now for some others...….)

2 minutes ago, holomuku said:

Colo Cruiser-  We're fortunate that motion sickness isn't an issue for us.  We've done Azamara, Windstar (even smaller than Azamara) several times and no issues.  We have been on trip where other people were pretty miserable but somehow we both escaped that malady.  (now for some others...….)

You are lucky.  😁

I’ll be wolfing down my Bonnie before our May Alaska cruise - are on 8 forward and also a tad concerned re sound and movement but took what we could get for this yummy itinerary.  Will be interested in the responses you get from experienced Pacific cruisers as well!

We were on the Pacific for the holidays and had room 6006 that was right up front and above the theatre,we heard the  show through the floor in our cabin but the shows were over fairly early so they didn't bother us to much.

We were woken up a few times by the anchor chain and we did feel the rough seas.

We will say that after going on this ship we found that we prefer larger ships like the Island or Coral we had a good time but we will not go back on this ship again.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You are lucky.  😁

In some ways --yes. In others - not so much.  Both of my husband's parents had "foot issues" so the podiatrist says he inherited bad feet.  Some people inherit money, my husband inherited bad feet!  (but a steady stomach for sailing so that part is good!).  

🗺️

Just now, holomuku said:

In some ways --yes. In others - not so much.  Both of my husband's parents had "foot issues" so the podiatrist says he inherited bad feet.  Some people inherit money, my husband inherited bad feet!  (but a steady stomach for sailing so that part is good!).  

🗺️

Way TMI  !    😂

We have sailed in both 6002 and 6003 on the Pacific Princess.  I really don't remember hearing much noise from the stage area below. Like was said above, you may hear some noise for a while, but it wasn't awful and it does stop sort of early. 

The worst part for me was the motion we felt in the cabin.  I took a good amount of Bonine on the cruises we were in those 2 cabins.  I've since said it isn't worth it to me to have either of them again, just for the motion. 

Truly the worst cabin we had on this ship was on deck 8 under the ping pong table.  I mentioned it to the Future Cruise consultant and he told me he always tells people not to book that cabin we were in.  Live and learn on that one. 

We really like the Pacific and have sailed now on Azamara several times sine we do like this size of ship.  It certainly isn't for everyone, but for us they are a good fit.  I just tend now to pick cabins more in the center of the ship.

Have a great cruise.

Susan

5 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Yikes - ping pong table?  Do you remember your cabin number?  We’re in 8008...

The ping pong tables are located on deck 9 on the port side just forward of the aft stairs. That would work out to being over cabins 8038, 8040 and 8042.

IIRC, the crew puts the tables away in the evenings so you should only have noise from them during the day.

We were in cabin 8040.  They may put those tables away in the evening, but I can tell you it was beyond annoying when they were out, and it must be pretty late evening when put away.  We weren't even on a warm weather cruise where you would think they would be used much.  I honestly will never book one of those cabins again.  It was the worst pounding above our head when we were in the cabin. 

You will be fine in the cabin you have, 8008. 

Susan

My wife and I were in cabin 6017 last May on a Panama Canal cruise. IMO 6017 is in a excellent location. You do have some motion and you do hear the production shows at night but not bad and are over with early. Also, when there are Zumba classes in the morning you do hear the music but again not bad. We would be this cabin again….

46 minutes ago, Hulagirl said:

We were in cabin 8040.  They may put those tables away in the evening, but I can tell you it was beyond annoying when they were out, and it must be pretty late evening when put away.  We weren't even on a warm weather cruise where you would think they would be used much.  I honestly will never book one of those cabins again.  It was the worst pounding above our head when we were in the cabin. 

You will be fine in the cabin you have, 8008. 

Susan

We were in 8045 on the other side of the ship under the seating area by the grill.

On our first night out about 3:00 in the morning we heard/felt dragging furniture over our heads for about a half hour and then a couple of hours later the same thing again.

The next morning I complained at guest services and it stopped for about a week (this was  a 14 day cruise).

It happened twice more and each time I complained and it would stop for several nights.

I think the night crew was washing the floor above us and dragging the furniture out of the way. Guest services kept telling us that they weren't allowed to do this in the middle of the night but........

Anyways - I wouldn't take that cabin again.

Thanks to everyone for the input.  On all ships cabin location is important, (in my opinion) but particularly on a small ship it's even more important.  It's great to have people that have "been there, done that" for real input.  We were on the now-gone Celebrity Mercury several years ago and had a cabin that butted about to the basketball court.  What a nightmare!  Lesson learned!

Karen (Chamima) I had to laugh at what you wrote.  When I booked that cabin I picked it so it wouldn't be under the grill area.  Honestly thinking I had done good with my choice.  Sounds like we both messed up on that.  Hopefully we will cruise together one day again and meet.

Those front 2 suite cabins were wonderful cabins it is just the motion in them can be very bad. 

Holomuku:  The Celebrity Mercury is the only Celebrity ship we have been on.  Will be on the Millinium next month.  At least we have a cabin that has passenger cabin above and below.  I agree, the cabin location is important.  It can certainly be frustrating when you think you have done good with your pick to realize once on board you haven't and are under a ping pong table!!!  LOL  Live and learn.

Susan

8 hours ago, Hulagirl said:

Karen (Chamima) I had to laugh at what you wrote.  When I booked that cabin I picked it so it wouldn't be under the grill area.  Honestly thinking I had done good with my choice.  Sounds like we both messed up on that.  Hopefully we will cruise together one day again and meet.

Those front 2 suite cabins were wonderful cabins it is just the motion in them can be very bad. 

Holomuku:  The Celebrity Mercury is the only Celebrity ship we have been on.  Will be on the Millinium next month.  At least we have a cabin that has passenger cabin above and below.  I agree, the cabin location is important.  It can certainly be frustrating when you think you have done good with your pick to realize once on board you haven't and are under a ping pong table!!!  LOL  Live and learn.

Susan

Susan

I also thought I had  "done good" with my choice.

We were in 8047 many years ago on the Tahitian Princess (which became the Ocean Princess before they sold her) but that was before they put the furniture next to the grill.

It was a great, quiet area.

The couches and chairs are a lovely addition but (as you said) who knew they'd be moving them to wash the floor in the middle of the night?

I was so careful NOT to book a cabin under the pool but we talked to people who had cabins there (everyone in Club Class is under the pool) and no one heard a thing!

We're back on her for New Years - this time in a regular balcony on deck 7. Why don't you join us for that cruise! 😁

Edited by chamima

Interesting that the mini club class cabins under the pool don't seem to report much sound.  Cabin 8035 is the only remaining one on our May 2020 cruise, but for an additional $1400 that it would cost us, think I'll stick with 8008.  (though I was trying to rationalize it by looking at the cool stuff you get with club class, but Phil reminds me that priority seating isn't a thing since Pacific Princess is assigned dining only,  we're elite so we already get a few of the other perks. and 8008 isn't THAT much farther forward so the  movement probably isn't much more noticeable.  sigh).

Edited by LoriPhil

We had one of those Deck 6 forward staterooms on the Pacific, and whoooooo-ey did it mess me up the first 2 days! The seas were rough, and the motion had me flat on my back! Keep in mind, I have always been fine on the big ships. Since you’ve sailed on the small ships before and not been affected, sounds like you’ll be fine. I don’t recall ever hearing anything below us. The Pacific shuts down so early, I doubt anything would keep you up. 

• Like 1