Humberto

Marygracie C.

We sail Friday for Bermuda. I have noticed TS Humberto is headed towards Bermuda.Due there on Wednesday or Thursday (maybe)What day should I begin to officially panic!

Last October we were headed to Bermuda and due to weather ended in Canada.It was a lovely trip just not Bermuda.

52 minutes ago, Marygracie C. said:

We sail Friday for Bermuda. I have noticed TS Humberto is headed towards Bermuda.Due there on Wednesday or Thursday (maybe)What day should I begin to officially panic!

Last October we were headed to Bermuda and due to weather ended in Canada.It was a lovely trip just not Bermuda.

Well, based on the fact you booked to travel in the same window you travelled last year with a detour....... I would say you are way past the point of officially panicking....... the day you booked would've been the day to panic.. 

Drat that! Here go our avocados!

Our avocado trees bear fruit only every 3 years ... and when they do, we end losing them to those damn hurries!! Thousands of them!

We are currently in Denmark, due to fly home to Bermuda late Thurs night - hope Humby is well gone and we will still have electricity on!

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Drat that! Here go our avocados!

Our avocado trees bear fruit only every 3 years ... and when they do, we end losing them to those damn hurries!! Thousands of them!

We are currently in Denmark, due to fly home to Bermuda late Thurs night - hope Humby is well gone and we will still have electricity on!

Hoping all will be well with your island!

4 hours ago, Marygracie C. said:

We sail Friday for Bermuda. I have noticed TS Humberto is headed towards Bermuda.Due there on Wednesday or Thursday (maybe)What day should I begin to officially panic! Last October we were headed to Bermuda and due to weather ended in Canada.It was a lovely trip just not Bermuda.

Not sure that there is a need to panic. The storm will be long gone before you get on the ship. And the port will be cleaned up shortly after the storm passes.  Enjoy!

3 hours ago, JoeTec said:

Go to the hurricane zone section of these boards. There are some great threads over there & Pelicane Bill is a big help answering questions 

3 hours ago, JoeTec said:

Go to the hurricane zone section of these boards. There are some great threads over there & Pelicane Bill is a big help answering questions 

Thank you I want to that section and Pelican Pete knows his Hurricanes.

1 hour ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Hoping all will be well with your island!

Thanks. Bermuda usually recovers fast after hurricane direct hits. The houses in Bermuda are made of concrete so we are good.

Glad to be missing Humberto as we’re off the island. Our cats are being boarded at the vet’s so they’re safe.