I love you guys and EZ Air

fluffybunny22

When I first started planning my cruise and reading about EZ Air it seemed too good to be true but I was able to book business class seats for what my husband had budgeted for economy if we bought through the airlines. I've been checking my fare every day and the prices kept going up. Today I saw my first price drop. We saved $750 total and we are getting home at a decent hour when previously we didn't get in until 10pm. You guy rock!

• Like 8

We had a similar experience with EZair Business Class to Barcelona. Our first flights were okay ... but not great. Then, it changed to wonderful flights from to Barcelona and back from Rome. For the record though, I will say that it was Delta that made the change and not the Princess folks. I noticed the change on the Delta website before the EZair people were even aware of it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NCbmwmom said:

This will be our first experience using this. Still have a month to go before flights are released. I’m anxious to see what we can get. Business class for economy budget price would be a dream. 

I was also able to get my in law economy tickets for both of them for what they were going to pay for one and use miles for the other so they are saving the miles for when they come to DS's graduation.

• Like 1

I'm not having any luck today trying book EZ air flights to Baltic with $200pp airfare sale advertised. Go through process until reach  book now and then get Error message. Called Princess and agent gets same message. Tried last night, this morning and just now. Feeling frustrated. Anyone else having difficulties?

54 minutes ago, DeeTO said:

I'm not having any luck today trying book EZ air flights to Baltic with $200pp airfare sale advertised. Go through process until reach  book now and then get Error message. Called Princess and agent gets same message. Tried last night, this morning and just now. Feeling frustrated. Anyone else having difficulties?

The air I refared was for a Baltic cruise. I didn't use the sale because we have sip and sail which is a better value.

1 hour ago, DeeTO said:

I can say I had an issue earlier this summer when booking flights and shopping for FLL in Nov.  Since you are from Ontario, I am guessing you were try to use Air Canada. 

Here was the problem.  A certain return flight showed up in the EZ-Air list with pretty much $0 add-on to the original pricing quoted with the outbound flight.  However, when the flight was selected an attempted to book it, the error occured.  Thenm when I went back into EZ-Air to start over, this time, that same flight was well over $100 extra.  Major bummer.  This went on for well over a week with the low price re-setting over night and then as soon as tried to book it, ERROR, and then price jumped up.  Took many days before it was finally fixed and showed at the higher pricing.

(In this case, I was already booked and thought I had found a price drop.  So at least I had a good booking.  With the higher price, it was a big price increase).  I have no idea why this would happen with AC, but could be some quirk in the pricing and availability info that is interfaced to EZ-Air. 

ETA:  I was not the only one with the exact problem.  Our friends are cruising too and she was having same error trying to get that flight.

Edited by steelers36

13 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I booked Air Canada with no problems today.

Me too and I got the same $750 price reduction today also.  Prior to today our tickets had actually gone up $1000.  I think I am in love with EZ Air 😉

We are doing Baltic as well.  Houston to Copenhagen and back.

2 minutes ago, galveston gal said:

Me too and I got the same $750 price reduction today also.  Prior to today our tickets had actually gone up $1000.  I think I am in love with EZ Air 😉

We are doing Baltic as well.  Houston to Copenhagen and back.

We are doing Charlotte to Copenhagen. I super love this air thing and think I've been converted to Princess from Celebrity. There's a whole bar dedicated to my favorite drink, Bellini's.

We like the lower price, flexible fare, book now... pay later, and price-drop aspects of eZair.

We select what we want and have our TA book it. Less stress for us... she's the one on the phone with Princess.  Flying in winter, chances are that there can be a hiccup and Princess takes care of us. 

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I can say I had an issue earlier this summer when booking flights and shopping for FLL in Nov.  Since you are from Ontario, I am guessing you were try to use Air Canada. 

Here was the problem.  A certain return flight showed up in the EZ-Air list with pretty much $0 add-on to the original pricing quoted with the outbound flight.  However, when the flight was selected an attempted to book it, the error occured.  Thenm when I went back into EZ-Air to start over, this time, that same flight was well over $100 extra.  Major bummer.  This went on for well over a week with the low price re-setting over night and then as soon as tried to book it, ERROR, and then price jumped up.  Took many days before it was finally fixed and showed at the higher pricing.

(In this case, I was already booked and thought I had found a price drop.  So at least I had a good booking.  With the higher price, it was a big price increase).  I have no idea why this would happen with AC, but could be some quirk in the pricing and availability info that is interfaced to EZ-Air. 

ETA:  I was not the only one with the exact problem.  Our friends are cruising too and she was having same error trying to get that flight.

Thanks for that info. Yes, I was trying AC but have now tried AA/BA which is cheaper but still same error message so no joy !

48 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Okay, I'll bite.  What is the error message?  When is your cruise?

I think the issue may be  because I was including a stop in London on way to Copenhagen  and that is much more expensive. Just called AC for their price to do that- horrendous. Can price it separately. Will figure something out but thanks for your offer of help- cruise is May 28 2020

Today’s update. Still same error message, calls to Princess agent who had no luck. Waited on hold while she contacted Ez Air person getting same error. I was told they would report it as a system issue and hopefully would be corrected in 24hrs before sale ends! I am not holding my breath

11 hours ago, DeeTO said:

Today’s update. Still same error message, calls to Princess agent who had no luck. Waited on hold while she contacted Ez Air person getting same error. I was told they would report it as a system issue and hopefully would be corrected in 24hrs before sale ends! I am not holding my breath

I don't think you have to have the air booked during the sale. There are people on another thread reporting that they got the air credit and flights aren't available for their cruise yet.

We also love EZAIR (HAL uses the same travel organization) when we book International First/Business class.  Domestic has generally not been particularly good, but those international fares are sometimes amazing.  Our air strategy is quite simple.  Soon after we are within 330 days of the disembarkation day we will check the Princess online site and snag our preferred air flights.  We then continue to watch the Princess EZAIR site (usually about once a week) for changes, additions and/or fare changes.  If we later find better flights, better airlines, or better prices we simply change our flex air booking.  

For folks that do not understand airline booking systems, the cruise line's software will not let you book any flights until your returning flight (on disembarkation day) is within the 330 day airline booking window.   

Hank

On 9/17/2019 at 9:25 AM, fluffybunny22 said:

When I first started planning my cruise and reading about EZ Air it seemed too good to be true but I was able to book business class seats for what my husband had budgeted for economy if we bought through the airlines. I've been checking my fare every day and the prices kept going up. Today I saw my first price drop. We saved $750 total and we are getting home at a decent hour when previously we didn't get in until 10pm. You guy rock!

What airline, do you know yet?

Because I can tell you "business" on American Airlines doesn't mean what it used to mean.  Depending on the flight's itinerary you can be sitting in a coach style seat but getting your first two cocktails and they're calling that business class.   The only true business class environment I've been able to book for less than 3 or 4 thousand dollar pp has been British Air.  Some airlines are talking about phasing out the whole first class/business class terminology all together.

Edited by MotownVoice

On 9/17/2019 at 12:44 PM, NCbmwmom said:

This will be our first experience using this. Still have a month to go before flights are released. I’m anxious to see what we can get. Business class for economy budget price would be a dream. 

just a reminder, after booking the ezair - get the flexible rate so you can change yhour flight if the price drops.  But also continue checking with ez air cause a lot of things can change depending on how early you book.  We are cruising in Dec. and so far two of our flights have completely changed.  Further, I chose my seats and then after they changed the two flights, I went onto the airline site and had to change my seats back to  what I wanted.  So check in every so often

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

just a reminder, after booking the ezair - get the flexible rate so you can change yhour flight if the price drops.  But also continue checking with ez air cause a lot of things can change depending on how early you book.  We are cruising in Dec. and so far two of our flights have completely changed.  Further, I chose my seats and then after they changed the two flights, I went onto the airline site and had to change my seats back to  what I wanted.  So check in every so often

When did you get your seat assignment?  

On 9/17/2019 at 4:58 PM, DeeTO said:

I actually had an odd occurrence take place on Tuesday.  I was looking at a flight and wanted to have it placed on hold while I checked something out.  The Princess air folks pulled up the same flights and they priced out more expensive that what I was looking at on the same system, supposedly. It worked out in any respect since it was a restricted fare and had to be paid.  I ended up booking the lower air at the reduced fare while I was up on the system.

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We also love EZAIR (HAL uses the same travel organization) when we book International First/Business class.  Domestic has generally not been particularly good, but those international fares are sometimes amazing.  Our air strategy is quite simple.  Soon after we are within 330 days of the disembarkation day we will check the Princess online site and snag our preferred air flights.  We then continue to watch the Princess EZAIR site (usually about once a week) for changes, additions and/or fare changes.  If we later find better flights, better airlines, or better prices we simply change our flex air booking.  

For folks that do not understand airline booking systems, the cruise line's software will not let you book any flights until your returning flight (on disembarkation day) is within the 330 day airline booking window.   

Hank

I have a spreadsheet which calculates 330 days from the end of my cruise booking, so it will remind me when to check EZ Air.  My November 2021 Enchanted Princess cruise will open for air booking on Christmas Day 2020.

Stan

3 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

What airline, do you know yet?

Because I can tell you "business" on American Airlines doesn't mean what it used to mean.  Depending on the flight's itinerary you can be sitting in a coach style seat but getting your first two cocktails and they're calling that business class.   The only true business class environment I've been able to book for less than 3 or 4 thousand dollar pp has been British Air.  Some airlines are talking about phasing out the whole first class/business class terminology all together.

Lufthansa on the way there and Air Canada on the way back. These are true business class with lie flat seats and real silverware and glassware. It was around $2150 each.

• Thanks 1