Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Jumbo shrimp cocktail... They said it comes with "American" cocktail sauce, whatever that is... Tastes like just regular cocktail sauce...

IMG_20190921_175148.thumb.jpg.217a54bdb18ad1a27ddbc77e6b4a8f6e.jpg

IMG_20190921_175153.jpg

You are making me really hungry!!   great pics!

• Like 2

On 9/18/2019 at 3:07 PM, HeyJut said:

Tribe member 131 jumping on for the ride. Actually have no idea about the number but liked the sound of it.

Nondrinker here, but definite foodie, although a lot more basic than what you try. Admire your ability to try pretty much anything.

Happy early Birthday and happy belated internet birthday.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE SID!!!!!

Another tribe member here! I just finished Saint Greg’s review not long ago, and have been looking for yours! Next up better be a Jamman54 review! 😎🛳🍸🍷🍹🏖🌴

• Like 9

On 9/18/2019 at 9:17 AM, sid_9169 said:
It was the best of times... It was the worst of times... Shortly after my return from the Norwegian Breakaway in February, I found out that I 
would have to find a new place to live in the next couple of months. I had just started a new job, that wasn't quite going so well, and now this... I had no future cruises booked, which further compounded my bleak outlook on life. I needed to get a countdown going to ease my 
frustration. I began poking around online, and was close to pulling the trigger on a 7 day Vista sailing out of Galveston... I looked around some more, and 
came across an 8 day sailing on Carnival's newest ship, the Horizon. It ended up being only a few hundred dollars more, and it was a Southern Caribbean itinerary, to all new ports to me, and I just held my breath and clicked the "book now" button...

My countdown was 196 days, and my 50th birthday would fall smack dab in the middle of the cruise. Now, at least I had something to look forward 
to in my life... It did take the sting out of the depression I was feeling, not knowing where I would even be living in the near future. I had already started packing my stuff, as the move was inevitable. 

***Disclaimer: If you're not really interested in the whole "pre-cruise" hoopla and rigmarole, please feel free to wait until Friday for the "real time" travel day and cruise edition... My reviews tend to be verbose, bordering on boring, so you've been warned. If backstories, 
planning, side stories, and digressions interest you, then pour yourself a drink, and continue reading...

One of the goals with my "Reviews" is to inform, but for the most part they're meant to entertain... Please don't take anything I say or do too 
seriously. If you're easily offended, or lack a good sense of humor, you may want to employ the use of your comfort animal, or locate the 
shortest route to your "safe space"... I encourage you to chime in along the way with your comments. I'm going to be traveling by myself, so I 
could use some "virtual company" along the way. 

If you're still with me, prepare yourself for a journey of dinosauric proportions... I want to make it seem like you're right there with me, whether it be on the ship, in the back of a cab, or walking around in strange and far away places... I'll attempt to convey the sights, sounds, and yes, even the scents and tastes of my adventure. Oftentimes, I may go off on a tangent that strays far from the main story. That'll be half the fun of it. Even I have no idea where this is going... Whatever happens, that'll be the story. Nothing more... Nothing less...

***Photo below stolen from the internet...

70855799_2461083217444334_783246552679317504_o.jpg

Your reviews are anything but "boring". Hope to run in to you one day. I'll buy you a drink. (using your drink plan of course).😘

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Another tribe member here! I just finished Saint Greg’s review not long ago, and have been looking for yours! Next up better be a Jamman54 review! 😎🛳🍸🍷🍹🏖🌴

Same here! So funny how much I visit cruisecritic looking forward to these reviews. Nurse here too and fellow Patriot if you know what I mean. 😍 (I won't say anything more and trigger anyone). 

• Like 4

I popped down to the restroom for a minute (sorry, no picture...) I was next to a guy at the urinal, and was trying to get a flow going. The guy next to me was chugging a beer while using the urinal, and I said " isn't that the great thing about cruising. You can put it in one end and let it out the other end at the same time"... He laughed. I laughed. It was a good moment...

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

Same here! So funny how much I visit cruisecritic looking forward to these reviews. Nurse here too and fellow Patriot if you know what I mean. 😍 (I won't say anything more and trigger anyone). 

Lol! Yes! A very true Patriot here! 😉 And actually, I’m a retired nurse. Put in my time, got my battle scars (bilateral TKRs), and loving life to the max now! I was a nurse manager of a cardiac/telemetry unit. 👩‍⚕️

Edited by grandmarnnurse
  • Like 5

Now, for my "dessert" at the steakhouse... Crab risotto... Betcha didn't see that coming...

IMG_20190921_185402.thumb.jpg.bd0c711d6a9de49c506f8c191fcc3035.jpg

On another side note (I told you there would be lots of them. Where's your number two pencil?) A couple sat down next to me, and the lady says "aren't you the guy from cruise critic?" I said I was... She said that she knew that I would be here on the first night from my reviews... (I was) Anyhoo, it was a good dinner tonight... Now, for more adult beverages...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

2 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Lol! Yes! A very true Patriot here! 😉

If y'all are talking about the New England Patriots, that's not allowed here... I'm still angry about that Superbowl a couple of years ago...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Do they still offer the free bottle of wine when you dine at the steakhouse the first night?  That used to be a thing; it wasn't a great wine but it was drinkable.

Glad you made it to Alchemy!

They do... I didn't take mine. I wouldn't have drank it anyway... (Not that I don't like wine. I do...)