Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Maybe, instead of the bacon police (or, in addition to the bacon police) they should have a hand washing station police... Make every single person use it prior to handling stuff in the buffet... Another side note: if I ever win the lottery, I'm getting one of these for my house...

IMG_20190922_101753.jpg

I love those stations on the ships!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Maybe, instead of the bacon police (or, in addition to the bacon police) they should have a hand washing station police... Make every single person use it prior to handling stuff in the buffet... Another side note: if I ever win the lottery, I'm getting one of these for my house...

IMG_20190922_101753.jpg

Haven't been on  Carnival.  Is that an automatic hand washer?  I was thinking it was one of those dryer things and I've heard those spew po0p somehow.  Definitely don't think you'd like that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

Haven't been on  Carnival.  Is that an automatic hand washer?  I was thinking it was one of those dryer things and I've heard those spew po0p somehow.  Definitely don't think you'd like that.

Yes, automatic hand washing machine... Just stick 'em in and the water surrounds your hands... Towels to dry...

• Like 1

A couple of the guys at work wanted me to bring them back a bottle of this pure white Hennessy... That's really the only reason I brought my hard side checked suitcase... Apparently you can't buy this in the States, so it's like a special thing...

IMG_20190922_114346.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

IMG_20190922_101753.jpg

on our last RCCL sailing they were almost militant accosting you upon entering the buffet area to wash up. I do wish they encouraged it on Carnival. One reason we avoid the buffet - but always have hand sanitizer with us.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I brought about six or seven different types of handy wipes... This is only the tip of the iceberg, I have lots more in my suitcase... Probably enough to wash a Greyhound bus...

IMG_20190922_105929.jpg

You sound like me! I carry them everywhere! Especially on a cruise. Also, have I told you about the hand sanitizer Zoono? It’s a foam 24hour hand sanitizer, and the only OTC sanitizer that is effective against Norovirus. I order mine from Amazon. It’s about $6 per bottle. As a retired RN, I’m a HUGE germaphobe! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ober134 said:

on our last RCCL sailing they were almost militant accosting you upon entering the buffet area to wash up. I do wish they encouraged it on Carnival. One reason we avoid the buffet - but always have hand sanitizer with us.

it needs to be like the elementary school cafeteria where everyone goes down the line and washes their hands before they get to the food.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

IMG_20190922_101753.jpg

When I was on the Royal Caribbean Alaska cruise a couple years ago they had people at the entry to the buffet who squirted bacterial hand sanitizer on everyone, and you couldn't enter if you didn't allow them.  I hate that stuff.  I wash my hands dozens of time per day, but the sanitizer stuff grosses me out and does nothing for viruses, only bacteria. Too many people count on it though, skipping washing their hands, and so viruses get passed around even more.

• Like 2