Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

I wanted something to eat, so I went to the buffet. The line for omelettes was about 8 deep, so I checked the other side, and there was no line. Soon, I would find out why... I present to you, the world's ugliest omelette.

IMG_20190922_075915.thumb.jpg.f61daefa76e537591f339cc10c6819ad.jpg

Next, I paid a visit to the bacon police... You think I'm kidding? There's a guy who stands behind a bar with a huge pile of bacon, and he is the one who dispenses however much he thinks you need, and not a single slice more.

IMG_20190922_075721.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll have my coffee with a side of vitamin sea... I was only seconds away from pulling the lever on the regular coffee machine up in the buffet, when I remembered about the real Java Blue in ocean plaza...

I went and got in line, and waited for a bit. There was a sign saying that they also had coffee at ocean plaza bar, but I didn't know if it would be the same. I stood my ground. When the line became increasingly longer, the guy behind the counter mentioned that they have the same stuff right over there, no line... Me and about five other people quickly made our way over there, and soon I had my fix...

IMG_20190922_082956.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I wanted something to eat, so I went to the buffet. The line for omelettes was about 8 deep, so I checked the other side, and there was no line. Soon, I would find out why... I present to you, the world's ugliest omelette.

It may have been ugly but how did it taste?  You've eaten some really ugly (to me) looking things before and you liked how they taste.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Next, I paid a visit to the bacon police... You think I'm kidding? There's a guy who stands behind a bar with a huge pile of bacon, and he is the one who dispenses however much he thinks you need, and not a single slice more.

I want police at every station of the buffet. I’m sure I could ask for more if I wanted it. But I don’t want to touch your tongs.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, blarko said:

Did you make it to the meet and mingle?  I’m sure you’d be quite the celebrity there 😀

I was going to go in, but people would have probably wanted to shake hands or something... I just kept walking.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, blarko said:

So wait.....does the Ocean Plaza bar have exactly the same coffee choices as Java Blue? Or is it a limited menu?

Same coffee, but not all the other fancy stuff.... You have to wait in the long line for that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

IMG_20190922_075721.jpg

If you ask for more, they'll gladly give you more.  I've never been refused.

• Like 1

Stairwell art... Another side note: the Horizon seems to have a lot of minor water leaks... There are several places throughout the ship where there's absorbent pads on the floor with a warning sign by it... I just got dripped on a minute ago... I might have to go take another shower...

IMG_20190922_100938.jpg

• Haha 1

Maybe, instead of the bacon police (or, in addition to the bacon police) they should have a hand washing station police... Make every single person use it prior to handling stuff in the buffet... Another side note: if I ever win the lottery, I'm getting one of these for my house...

IMG_20190922_101753.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1