Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Yes, you can, but they have one other issue, Greg. You need to have your choice “approved” before it is final, or they may say, “sorry, you are having late seating. Or early seating”. They need to stop that. If they don’t go to a total Freestyle change, they need to allow people to have their choice of dining. And because they started this thinking not many people would choose YTD, they only have one level of one restaurant assigned for this. So sometimes there’s a back up and wait. With Freestyle, ALL restaurants are this way. You choose where you want to eat each night. Not sure if Carnival will go to this, but I’d bet from all the polls that they are thinking of it. It is what most people prefer now days.

I’d definitely love to see it. I can’t book last minute cruises because they’d stick me with late dining which would mess up my entire schedule. My December cruise last year I booked three months out....two weeks before the cruise I had to email the Maitre D to finally get YTD. I’m not taking that chance again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Man, I've been getting some really great sleep! I considered just laying in bed all day today, but we're in Grand Turk... I came down to the secret coffee place, but the results were quite disappointing this morning. Still a little better than the buffet coffee. Our port time today is 7:30-1:30, so not a very long day ashore. I'm going to slowly get ready, then head out. I don't think there's really anything to do here other than go to the beach...

I was hoping you had something good to do there...I’m looking for non-beach ideas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I dug deeper into the stack of stuff that came with the fun times last night, and there is a birthday gift... A fifty dollar gift card for the spa. Good for services only. Basically, it's an invitation to come spend fifty or a hundred bucks, so that I can get my fifty dollar discount...

IMG_20190923_084258.jpg

Is that the same $50 spa card they normally give? They just swap it for one that says “happy birthday?” It seems like I always get a $50 spa card I don’t use.

”Is that any kind of a gesture?”

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

When I went to get back on the ship, I was about twenty people back in line... It took close to twenty minutes, and that's not even an exaggeration... At that rate, it would take all day if the line was really long... Something that I'm definitely not looking forward to the rest of the week... They had exactly one x-ray belt and one metal detector... Just stupid for a ship this size.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ashirene225 said:

Those sugar straws... woof. On the Dream last month, someone gave me a chocolate sugar straw with a ... wait for it... Bloody Mary. The bartender didn't understand why I was laughing. 

That’s horrible. I thought sugar were only supposed to be for frozen drinks. The chocolate

ones specifically for shakes.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, blarko said:

So wait.....does the Ocean Plaza bar have exactly the same coffee choices as Java Blue? Or is it a limited menu?

No the coffee though is similar to the MDR and in truth the Lido. The Ocean Plaza breakfast has an excellent chicken, lemon grass soup.  Caldo something.  Better than the omelets, but not quite up tot eh arepas and breakfast burritos. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

When I went to get back on the ship, I was about twenty people back in line... It took close to twenty minutes, and that's not even an exaggeration... At that rate, it would take all day if the line was really long... Something that I'm definitely not looking forward to the rest of the week... They had exactly one x-ray belt and one metal detector... Just stupid for a ship this size.

Probably because it’s still relatively early for passengers coming back to the ship. I would hope they’d open more gangways once the throngs start returning.

• Like 1