Celebrity from Tampa: A Good TA is a blessing

RNCheryl

Looking at a Thanksgiving 2020 cruise.  We have not been to the ABC islands, and I have been doing research.  The best fit was Constellation from Tampa.  I checked with Celebrity website:  Aqua cabin, with gratuities and beverage package was very near $5000.  Ran it by the TA I have used several times:  $4250 plus $300 OBC, plus her $350 OBC.  She said the "special offer" expired yesterday, and after my email, she "booked" a cabin for us.  So we are booked with completely refundable down payment.

Residents of Ft Lauderdale, will drive to Tampa.  Anyone know of a parking facility that won't break the bank, or a hotel that will offer parking?

Anxious to return to Celebrity after a long hiatus.

Your TA has a group rate that many independent TAs participate in.  

When the Constellation  cruises out of Tampa rolled out the prices were dirt cheap.  

We booked a SS for $2299 pp with all the perks plus SBC sailing on Dec 02 for 11 nights.  

The cost was also further reduced by our TA for the group rate he uses.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

We also lucked out booking a B2B in 2021 when the Tampa cruises first came out.  Got Sky Suites with all 4 perks for what it would have cost us to book an Aqua Class (our usual) adding the perks.  A no-brainer.  Our TA also got us lower group rates, and considerable extra OBC.  Always use a TA.  Don't always get this good a deal, but always get something more.  Very little risk, as they only have a small cancellation fee.  Over the years, and many cruises, even if we had to cancel we would have more than made out with the extra OBC and sometimes lower group rates.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 10:53 PM, RNCheryl said:

Any recommendations for Tampa? Hotels. Parking.

You may have trouble getting a response to your question here, as Celebrity hasn't cruised from this port for many years.

Rollie