Carnival VIFP Card

BCahill315

As this is a cruise line specific question I agree with the suggestion to post this question as well on the Carnival board.  But in general, most cruise line loyalty programs accumulate reward points after the end of each cruise with next tier level benefits recognized on the following cruise.  The one exception to this that I am aware of is with RCI Crown & Anchor program which will recognize their highest tier, Pinnacle, on the cruise on which it is reached.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On 9/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, klfrodo said:

If you change elite level during a cruise on Carnival, they bump you up at the beginning of the cruise. On Royal, you have to wait until the next cruise.

Not always. I just did a back to back on Royal and was not Gold on the second cruise. Still blue.

On 9/21/2019 at 2:03 PM, BCahill315 said:

Hello all,

I have a question about VIFP cards. I have a red card with 24 points. Gold cards require 25 points. I have an 8 day cruise booked, will I get a gold card on this cruise or will I get it next time?

Thanks!

You will be given the gold car on your next cruise

Yes, you will get the Gold card on your cruise with Carnival!  I'm about 19 days ahead of my husband, and on the cruise where he would be earning Gold on about the 4th or 5th day, I kept telling him that he was gonna be stuck with a Red card all week.  He was hoping he could trade it out for Gold when he reached that level.  Much to his amazement, he got a Gold card when we checked in at the port.  He was like a kid on Christmas morning, so excited to have a Gold card!  I told him it was clearly a mistake and I would go to Guest Services immediately and have him issued a Red card.  We had a lot of laughs about it.

1 hour ago, PlanoDebbie said:

Yes, you will get the Gold card on your cruise with Carnival!  I'm about 19 days ahead of my husband, and on the cruise where he would be earning Gold on about the 4th or 5th day, I kept telling him that he was gonna be stuck with a Red card all week.  He was hoping he could trade it out for Gold when he reached that level.  Much to his amazement, he got a Gold card when we checked in at the port.  He was like a kid on Christmas morning, so excited to have a Gold card!  I told him it was clearly a mistake and I would go to Guest Services immediately and have him issued a Red card.  We had a lot of laughs about it.

How exciting.