Coral (Alaska) -- Buffet question

Italy52

Will be on the Coral sailing to Alaska in May of 2020.  Does anyone know what time the buffet opens for breakfast?  One of the things I liked about the Royal in Alaska was the early availability of food; very helpful for the early port times.  Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Will be on the Coral sailing to Alaska in May of 2020.  Does anyone know what time the buffet opens for breakfast?  One of the things I liked about the Royal in Alaska was the early availability of food; very helpful for the early port times.  Thanks.

Here are some patters from 2018 which put the buffet at 6 am. Remember there is the International Cafe also. These are not mine - I just did a quick search: http://www.stonejongleux.com  

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

Here are some patters from 2018 which put the buffet at 6 am. Remember there is the International Cafe also. These are not mine - I just did a quick search: http://www.stonejongleux.com  

Edited 4 minutes ago by Cora

Just what I needed; thanks!

Yup, we thing the Coral will be a good fit.  Looking forward to the trip.

15 minutes ago, new2cruise said:

We will also be on the Coral next May.  We have never been to Icy Strait.  What do you prefer to do there?

We enjoy our whale watching excursions with Glacier Wind Charters (an independent tour operator.)  We also like to take relaxing walks near the shoreline and browse the handful of local shops.  This is one port where you won't be hounded by people trying to lure you into their jewelry stores.  If whale watching is not your thing, check with your cruise ship to see what excursions are being offered as that might be a starting point to see if anything matches your interest.  Do a search on Icy Strait/Hoonah for additional information.  Lots of information in trip reports located at the top of this board.

1 hour ago, new2cruise said:

We will also be on the Coral next May.  We have never been to Icy Strait.  What do you prefer to do there?

There is a cultural show performed by the local citizens and a rain forest tram trip that I enjoyed.  A former Salmon Cannery Museum is interesting to visit.  A shop has been developed within the property that offered items that I had not seen elsewhere.  Just walking around the small community and area, maybe patronizing a cafe, was very pleasant.  Quite different from Juneau and Ketchikan.

43 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

There is a cultural show performed by the local citizens and a rain forest tram trip that I enjoyed.  A former Salmon Cannery Museum is interesting to visit.  A shop has been developed within the property that offered items that I had not seen elsewhere.  Just walking around the small community and area, maybe patronizing a cafe, was very pleasant.  Quite different from Juneau and Ketchikan.

2 hours ago, new2cruise said:

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

We enjoy our whale watching excursions with Glacier Wind Charters (an independent tour operator.)  We also like to take relaxing walks near the shoreline and browse the handful of local shops.  This is one port where you won't be hounded by people trying to lure you into their jewelry stores.  If whale watching is not your thing, check with your cruise ship to see what excursions are being offered as that might be a starting point to see if anything matches your interest.  Do a search on Icy Strait/Hoonah for additional information.  Lots of information in trip reports located at the top of this board.

Not to go #1 in the punch bowl, but how is this related to the time the Horizon Court opens? Surely there are better places for this discussion.