EZAir - Fly to a Different Port than Embarkation Point

High C's

24 minutes ago, oldjetdriver said:

Would probably be cheaper to book round trip under one of the bookings instead of separate one way flights.

It won't be a round trip.  We embark in Copenhagen and disembark 28 days later in NYC. 

5 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I don't think that is possible the way it's booked. The return would have to be at the end of the first cruise if one tried to book a round trip.

One direction on each booking. Outgoing one way on the first booking and the one way return on the 2nd booking if I am understanding this correctly.

You can book a return flight up to at least two weeks after a cruise ends. So if the first segment ends no more than 14 days before the second segment ends, you can book round trip using the first segment.

11 hours ago, High C's said:

That is GREAT!  We want to fly to Edinburgh, take in the Tattoo, and then grab a one way flight to Copenhagen.  Our flights are still not available, so I haven't been able to play around to see if this could be done.  Many thanks!

Make sure you get your Tattoo tickets early as they sell out fast.  We joined Friends of the Tattoo (I think that's what it is called) online which afforded us the opportunity to buy tickets before the general public.

My next cruise I have two separately booked cruises BtoB.  Have roundtrip EZair booked for early arrival on second cruise with return after that cruise.  You can do a lot with EZair to include flying to Europe, float across Atlantic then fly home as a multi-city round trip.

Regardless of how it is booked keep checking prices and rebook when you find cheaper fares.

9 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I don't think that is possible the way it's booked. The return would have to be at the end of the first cruise if one tried to book a round trip.

One direction on each booking. Outgoing one way on the first booking and the one way return on the 2nd booking if I am understanding this correctly.

Edited by oldjetdriver

5 hours ago, silversneakers said:

Make sure you get your Tattoo tickets early as they sell out fast.  We joined Friends of the Tattoo (I think that's what it is called) online which afforded us the opportunity to buy tickets before the general public.

THANK YOU!!!!!    I really appreciate this!  I will go and look that up.

On 9/22/2019 at 5:13 PM, High C's said:

Actually, this is a b2b. We booked them seperately, so we have two different booking numbers.  I just assumed we could book the flight over using booking #1, and then our flight home using booking #2.  Is that correct?

On your flight home you may want to do it using your first booking and changing the date to the last day of booking #2.  It might less expensive than to have a one way on each segment.

34 minutes ago, candy4040 said:

On your flight home you may want to do it using your first booking and changing the date to the last day of booking #2.  It might less expensive than to have a one way on each segment.

Thanks.  I'll definitely check it out before I reserve.  But I'm not sure I can because the second leg is a Transatlantic, and it is longer than 14 days.  From what I understand, 2 weeks before/after is the maximum time you can book.  Hopefully the flights are open soon and I can figure it all out!  

I appreciate your advice 🙂 

On 9/22/2019 at 4:46 PM, NavyVeteran said:

You can book the entire flight with the stopover using EZAir. Select Copenhagen and the appropriate date for your destination. Then select the option to add a stop, and put in the arrival and departure dates for Edinburgh. This is a relatively new feature with EZAir, so I haven't heard from anyone yet who has used it, but it looks as if it could be perfect in your case.

Two years ago, we were booked on Majestic, Athens to Barcelona, 14 nights. We used EZ Air and flew Atlanta to Rome, spent three days, then flew on to Athens on morning of departure (using Princess transfer to ship.). After the cruise, spent two days in Barcelona, then flew (NOT part of EZ Air) to Dublin for six days in Ireland. Then we flew (using EZ Air again) from Dublin to Atlanta. About $600 pp.

I believe there is a limit of one stopover in each direction. That is why we had to book Barcelona to Dublin separately. (Cost less than $100 pp as I remember. On Aer Lingus.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HappyCruiserettu said:

Two years ago, we were booked on Majestic, Athens to Barcelona, 14 nights. We used EZ Air and flew Atlanta to Rome, spent three days, then flew on to Athens on morning of departure (using Princess transfer to ship.). After the cruise, spent two days in Barcelona, then flew (NOT part of EZ Air) to Dublin for six days in Ireland. Then we flew (using EZ Air again) from Dublin to Atlanta. About $600 pp.

I believe there is a limit of one stopover in each direction. That is why we had to book Barcelona to Dublin separately. (Cost less than $100 pp as I remember. On Aer Lingus.)

That's great!  Thanks so much!

There is a different post (about Princess insurance) where the poster booked a B2B cruise but booked a RT EZAir ticket on the first booking, with the return flight a few days after the end of the second cruise, which is many days after the end of the first cruise. This did not cause his insurance issue, but it could be costly for anyone who wants coverage for emergency medical occurring during the days off the ship.

I have always found the two one way flights to be essentially the same cost as the RT on EzAir, but apparently it was preferable as a RT in this fellow’s case.