Hotels in Rome

Cruise for vacation

12 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Check the Italy posts, it’s a common topic there.

However, Albergo Abruzzi, which is in the same piazza as the Pantheon, is as central as you can get, and was excellent.

Stayed here last May and it was amazing. Splurged a little and got one of the corner suites overlooking the Pantheon out one window and the fountain out the other. The "elevator" was terrifying and was best used as a luggage shuttle. I took the stairs. 

The pictures were taken from our windows(which open) and from under the Pantheon dome looking at the hotel

20180520_220238.jpg

20180520_220206.jpg

20180520_214940.jpg

10 hours ago, Cruise for vacation said:

No budget nice, clean and close to attractions 

I consider the Pantheon as "ground zero" for central Rome. It is walkable to everything except perhaps the Vatican, which is the outlier. There is also a taxi stand conveniently located just on the right-hand side of the Pantheon itself, should you need one.

Pantheon area hotels:

Albergo del Senato (near the Albergo Abruzzi, with similar views).

Albergo Santa Chiara (located just behind the Pantheon)

Slightly less expensive but near Piazza Navona (couple of blocks from the Pantheon):

Hotel Navona

Hotel Smeraldo

If you want to be closer to the Colosseum/Forum and other ancient Rome sites:

Hotel Nerva

I've stayed at all of the above except Hotel Smeraldo (friends have stayed there and liked it).

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Thanks 1

We have stayed at the Albergo Santa Chiara  3 times pre and post cruise. Nice location. Rooms aren't large but they are clean and beds are comfy. They serve a nice breakfast. We found the location to be great. Quiet. Staff was friendly.

• 4 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, cruisemom42 said:

I consider the Pantheon as "ground zero" for central Rome. It is walkable to everything except perhaps the Vatican, which is the outlier. There is also a taxi stand conveniently located just on the right-hand side of the Pantheon itself, should you need one.

Pantheon area hotels:

Albergo del Senato (near the Albergo Abruzzi, with similar views).

Albergo Santa Chiara (located just behind the Pantheon)

Slightly less expensive but near Piazza Navona (couple of blocks from the Pantheon):

Hotel Navona

Hotel Smeraldo

If you want to be closer to the Colosseum/Forum and other ancient Rome sites:

Hotel Nerva

I've stayed at all of the above except Hotel Smeraldo (friends have stayed there and liked it).

Looking for something that offers a complimentary breakfast buffet - since it seems many do. Any of the ones mentioned? 

21 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Looking for something that offers a complimentary breakfast buffet - since it seems many do. Any of the ones mentioned? 

I can vouch that breakfast is included at all of the hotels I listed that I've actually stayed at. I haven't stayed at Hotel Smeraldo but I'd guess they do as well. It's very common in Italian hotels (but not necessarily at chain hotels in Italy that are not Italian-based, if that makes sense).