Are there blackout curtains on an OV on the Crown

ontheweb

We have normally cruised in insides. DW discovered on our very first cruise that she slept well with the total darkness.

This coming summer we will be on a Norwegian fjords cruise on the Crown. The price for an OV was very close to that of an inside cabin especially since it also included extra OBC of $50 each compared to an inside. Our TA also mentioned when I said we were considering the OV that it was a larger cabin.

But, it has now been mentioned to me that we will be in the "Land of the Midnight Sun". So my question is will there be a blackout curtain to make it dark at night.

12 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We have normally cruised in insides. DW discovered on our very first cruise that she slept well with the total darkness.

This coming summer we will be on a Norwegian fjords cruise on the Crown. The price for an OV was very close to that of an inside cabin especially since it also included extra OBC of $50 each compared to an inside. Our TA also mentioned when I said we were considering the OV that it was a larger cabin.

But, it has now been mentioned to me that we will be in the "Land of the Midnight Sun". So my question is will there be a blackout curtain to make it dark at night.

Yes there are.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 6:38 AM, ontheweb said:

In my experience, all cabins have blackout curtains (except inside cabins, of course.)

You may want to take one clip to make sure the curtains stay closed.  If the ship is swaying, I’ve seen the curtains allow light to peek in ... that clip keeps them from doing that.  If it’s a magnetic clip, you can also use it during the day to post your important papers on the wall. 

• Thanks 1

We did a 14 night Norway cruise last year, on the CB, in a balcony room. I'm the "total darkness" sleeper while DH can sleep on the beach at high noon. For the 3 nights over the Arctic Circle, I was pushing luggage and chair at each side of the drape in an attempt to block the light at night. Wish I brought some self stick velcro to secure each side of the drape to the wall.

Darcy