Price Drop Offer

2cmu92

I was offered an upgrade from my TA from  an inside stateroom to an Oceanview , or a $25 onboard credit because of a price drop.  It states that there will be no further upgrades if accepted.   I also have a bid in for a balcony cabin.  If I accept either offer does the no further upgrade include the one I bid on?

thanks

I'm far from the expert, but I believe if you pay for the difference between what you've already paid and current price of one of the OV even slightly higher than sailaway, you'll get one of the current offers through tomorrow. It might be worth checking it out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Firepath said:

I'm far from the expert, but I believe if you pay for the difference between what you've already paid and current price of one of the OV even slightly higher than sailaway, you'll get one of the current offers through tomorrow. It might be worth checking it out.

i was in a similar situation like the OP. For my cruise, i was upgraded to the highest cabin ocean view cabin category and kept my original perk and was not eligible for any additional perks since it was a free upgrade. maybe it is different when it is a paid upgrade . i read on various NCL pages, when you do an upgrade you can not get any new promo/perks

8 hours ago, 2cmu92 said:

I was offered an upgrade from my TA from  an inside stateroom to an Oceanview , or a $25 onboard credit because of a price drop.  It states that there will be no further upgrades if accepted.   I also have a bid in for a balcony cabin.  If I accept either offer does the no further upgrade include the one I bid on?

thanks

No, they are 2 separate things: one is a bid process, the other is an offer based on price adjustment. If it were me, I would jump at the chance to upgrade. You have nothing to lose and it is a sure thing with no additionally cost. What you have have bit on will cost you something if you bid is accepted. 

As somebody else mentioned, before you accept the free upgrade, first look at your paid upgrade options, especially if you think prices might drop again later. For example, one might find (after price drops) they can upgrade to certain category of OV cabin (possibly gaining a perk or two) for say $10 per per person (plus any gratuities on perks one chooses).  I recently did that.  Then a bit later, prices dropped again. At that point I called and asked for a free upgrade to a better cabin (granted on one-time basis).  Had I taken the freebie the first time, my fare would be $10pp lower but I’d be in a lesser cabin, possibly with fewer perks.

Back to your original question: you should still be able to bid, though options and minimums may change once you are in an OV.

Edited by Starry Eyes

So, when you pay to upgrade, is the amount paid the difference between what you originally paid and the current price of what you want to upgrade to? Or is it the current or original price of the cabin you're currently in (even if they gave you a free upgrade)? Or something else?

5 minutes ago, Firepath said:

So, when you pay to upgrade, is the amount paid the difference between what you originally paid and the current price of what you want to upgrade to? Or is it the current or original price of the cabin you're currently in (even if they gave you a free upgrade)? Or something else?

It's the price you paid vs current price. 

57 minutes ago, Bacci111 said:

cool cruise,

did you already pay your final payment and was offered the upgrade due to the price drop? If so, then my TA is pulling the wool over my eyes.

Recently paid to upgrade from Inside to Outside AFTER final payment. Got new perks. Two weeks later, mini suite dropped to lower than outside and NCL gave a free upgrade into MS. Again, AFTER final payment.

• Like 1

I will say I'm on an upcoming group cruise through a TA. And they're putting a lot of conditions on upgrading due to price drops. I have no idea if it's NCL doing that or the TA just not wanting to deal with it (the group is over 200 now). So if a TA booked you in a group that might add a layer of complexity. Or the TA my group is in is a pain lol.