Norwegian Joy

Thunderknite

Started the check in process and clicked all passengers to link my card too. However, I do not want my 14 year old to be able to make purchases on the cruise. When I went to "un-check" him from the list. So my question is, is there anyway to block purchases by him at the port, on the ship, or otherwise?

33 minutes ago, Thunderknite said:

Started the check in process and clicked all passengers to link my card too. However, I do not want my 14 year old to be able to make purchases on the cruise. When I went to "un-check" him from the list. So my question is, is there anyway to block purchases by him at the port, on the ship, or otherwise?

Guest Services on board can either block him completely or you can set a daily limit of how much he can spend.

• Like 1

When you actually check in at the port everyone in your party/family will receive a key card that you will use for cabin access and purchases.  At that point you'll also be able to tell whomever is checking you in what restrictions you wish to have on these cards re: purchases.  We went on Gem a number of years ago with our grown-up kids who were in a second cabin that we had paid for.  Each kid brought his/her own credit card with them that they "tied" to each of their key cards.  This isn't the situation that you have but you see my point; each key card issued can have different purchase-related attributes "tied" to the card.

Hope you have a great cruise!

22 hours ago, Thunderknite said:

May I suggest this is a great opportunity to educate and bond with your 14 year old?  At that age they should have the ability to understand right from wrong and consequences from those actions.  Make your spending limits very clear and unambiguous on the child and then monitor the spending daily.  Communicating to your child you have no trust in them by slapping a lock on the card might be counter productive to their social growth and your long term relationship with him/her.

• Thanks 1

I do not add my credit card to the on-line check in.  I'm trying to somewhat limit how many times that card number is in somebody's online database.    I just say 'cash' during the online process.   Then I add the card I want to use when at the pier.