Live from the Viking Star 9/28/19 Venice to Barcelona

zitsky

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

My on board credit card was declined.  I had to go to the Explorer Desk to update.  I am 100% certain that I updated this on MVJ but now I can't confirm that.

I think that they don't keep that info from trip to trip. I don't even bother to supply it in advance. It is one less bit of personal information sitting on their servers.

4 hours ago, moatenote said:

Is there a Viking shuttle, is  Castellet within short walking distance back to ship,  or????

You take a bus to Castellet and walk around the small town.  It is not close to the port.

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

You take a bus to Castellet and walk around the small town.  It is not close to the port.

Hi Zitsky,

I've been enjoying your posts.  Thank you for taking the time.  Did you enjoy your Castellet and wine tour?  How was the wine? We just signed up for this for our December cruise.  We've been to the area before and this seemed a little different.

Thanks again,

Cynthia

28 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

Hi Zitsky,

I've been enjoying your posts.  Thank you for taking the time.  Did you enjoy your Castellet and wine tour?  How was the wine? We just signed up for this for our December cruise.  We've been to the area before and this seemed a little different.

Thanks again,

Cynthia

Castellet is a nice small town.  Worth a visit.  The winery gave us 4 wines to taste more than other places.  Worth visiting once.

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

Could be a fluke, but some of the pastries taste stale on this, next to last day.  But all is not bad.  I learned to make a double (triple?) cappuccino from the machine.

We didn't experience it on Viking, but on other lines we sometimes have noticed a decline in quality for some baked goods at the end of a cruise.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the upcoming turnaround day?  Just speculation...

Again, have really enjoyed your commentary and pictures!

1 hour ago, RJ2002 said:

We didn't experience it on Viking, but on other lines we sometimes have noticed a decline in quality for some baked goods at the end of a cruise.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the upcoming turnaround day?  Just speculation...

Again, have really enjoyed your commentary and pictures!

Thank you.

Chef's Table Mexico

20191009_190521.jpg

Some post cruise info.  We went straight from the Viking Star to the Barcelona Hilton Diagonal Mar and arrived at 10am.  We were allowed to check in very early and were given access to the Executive Lounge.  Check in is normally 4pm.  I have no status but they told us I was the guest of the day.  I suspect they tell that to a lot of people.

This is a nice hotel with a view of the water.

20191010_103838.jpg

• Like 1